Alfredo's Build Thread

Hey. those carbs look pretty good. :D

By the by....

alfredo said:
Sundie said:
alfredo said:
Sundie said:
Did you get the mike's pods for 38's?

I haven't bought anything yet. Should I?

Well, i use the Mike's BS-38 pods - they work well, and they're really not that expensive. Other pods may have a lip inside that will cause your slides to not work properly.

Sounds good. I will save up and see when I can get them.

That was like a year ago. :D

Old skool kool fer sher.
Gotta say: I had doubts you would get'r done. Two thumbs up!!

I have to say that the final product is not my particular style (you'll probably say the same about my bike, its OK). However, you did do an awesome job tying it all together, and the quality you restored the parts to is amazing. Well done, very well done!!

I have to say that the final product is not my particular style (you'll probably say the same about my bike, its OK). However, you did do an awesome job tying it all together, and the quality you restored the parts to is amazing. Well done, very well done!!

Thanks! I did my best to reuse all the rusty metal and original stuff that I could. What is the link to your build thread?

Thanks! I did my best to reuse all the rusty metal and original stuff that I could. What is the link to your build thread?

Touche Alfredo, I have no build post yet. I will get it posted soon. Hopefully I have the patience you had , that way my wallet doesn't suffer. Thanks again for sharing. I'll let you know when my thread is started, probably a week or two.

IMHO, as an example of a 70's retro-mod, it's fantastic. Those spoke rims came out awesome, and the paint is ... insert another similar adjective to "awesome". :D Well done, i hope you have a fantastic time on it!

Thanks for the kind words amigos! It's been a pleasure doing this with you all. Couldn't have even done 5% of what I did without this forum and the people in it.

I'm looking forward to feeding my xs650.com addiction more this summer. Also, enjoying the b-jesus out of the bike.

I dig the bike for sure. That paint is amazing.

One question. Any worries about getting a toe in e flywheel without no stator cover?

Back