Amen savior. First xs650, first build.

neanderthal

neanderthal
Reaction score
This is my first motorcycle build. It's a 1975 xs650 that I bought a few months ago. I found an amen frame on eBay I bought that. I'll be posting photos as time goes on. Assuming I can figure out how. I bought a tc bros springer, come to find out it is a over priced DNA product...I was looking for a drum brake option. Anyone know how to go about that?
Also I have an I phone with my photos on it. Anyway to post without a photobucket account?

If you download the photobucket app you can just do it straight from your phone. I know you didn't want to use photobucket but it's probably the easiest if the pictures are on your phone. I'm interested to see pics of it!

Pics or it didnt happen

op-will-surely-deliver-lets-just-wait.jpg

haha sorry guys im busy building, im also new to this internet thing. my phone doesnt have the right upgrade to download photobucket. ill check out the gmail thing. try to have photos posted by tonight.

I am new here as well. Finally decided to become a member once I realized that every tech article I ever saved was a xs650.com url. These are actually friendly forums here, we were just bothering you with the 'no pics' comments. We look forward to seeing your build.

Be sure to sandblast that frame and check good for cracks. That frame was built when I was about 21. I'm 58 now. Does it have clean paper?

ok here we go...little rusty miss a few parts, nothing that can be made by hand...pics may come upside down not sure why.

Attachments

• IMG_0037.JPG
    IMG_0037.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_0046.JPG
    IMG_0046.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_0048.JPG
    IMG_0048.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_0047.JPG
    IMG_0047.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0040.JPG
    IMG_0040.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_0038.JPG
    IMG_0038.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 220
so i moved the springs forward on the seat because it looks better, like i said first build ever also learning how to weld on this guy...im a real smart guy "you cant be safe and have fun at the same time" -ben frank. and the fender is resting on the tire, looking to skirt it.

photos on my computer are all right side up, not sure why the are upside down and twisted around

Attachments

• IMG_0049.jpg
    IMG_0049.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_0056.jpg
    IMG_0056.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 274
  • IMG_0060.jpg
    IMG_0060.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_0064.jpg
    IMG_0064.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 185
Sweeeet.. I think some shorter seat springs would make it look right..

Whats the rake on the frame? And you running that tank?

Yeah I think it's a 70's ironhead not sure though. Not sure abOut the rake. To be honest I've been working on cars since I was 19 now I'm 27...damn I don't know much...anyways I can take it apart and put it together and I know some stuff. N how do you measure a rake?

make sure to hack those footpeg stays off. won't need it for the swingarm pivot either. there are plenty of midmount and forward controls that will mount to the exhaust brackets or the front motor mount respectively

Back