An odd question reguarding wheels!?

whitetrashfabrication

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Okay so i got a xs in my shop that my buddy just picked up, this thing is fresh froms the 70's, i think its a 72-73 but the funny thing is this bike has never been altered, yet it has a 19 rear and 21 front, from what i know thats not normal! Can anyone help shed some light on the subject??

A 21 inch wheel doesn't make a stock 19 inch front wheel bike sit 2 inches higher. Its a difference of 1/2 an inch give or take.

I've never heard of that wheel combo on a stock xs. Post pics we would like to see!

Posted via Mobile

What front end is on it. Someone may have put dirt bike tubes with 21" wheel' Back in the 60's and 70's you used what you could find not like today ( I AM OLD I KNOW ) and i used alot of early HONDA YAMAHA dirt bike tubes lower legs that matched the trees for the 21 inch look . That may be what you got or is it a manual brake in front could be a early JAMMER 21" little drum wheel. PICTURES WILL HELP

Here it is.. Looks like the standard 18inch rear and 19inch front to me. Where are you getting the 19 and 21 sizes from?

Attachments

• 19-21.JPG
    19-21.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 179
im getting it from the the device that has all the little lines on it you know the one that rolls back up into itself after u use it, i think its called a measuring tape, i thought it was called a Stanley.............. cmon now to top it off the tires are even labled as 19 and 21

My guess is someone spent some time relacing different rims to the stock hubs. All stock XS650's had a 19 inch front with an 18 or 16 inch rear.

Back