Another season in the books

mm1ut1

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Going to winterize the bikes this week and wait until next year to resume riding. Not surprisingly I had a lot of great rides this year, what with Covid cancelling vacations, get togethers, et cet. Surprisingly the wife rode a lot with me, much more than ever before. We rode mostly one to four hour loops with regular stops. We bought a wireless intercom and it is pretty handy. I road about six thousand miles spread over four motorcycles. That’s a lot of 50-100 mile trips ! Also got a lot of wrenching time in on other projects. I was actually back pain free most of the year and my full time retirement job was basically over in April due to Covid.
I don’t think I will get another retirement job. I have enough projects to keep busy and managed to get over a mini financial crisis and am able to keep the small bike collection I have.
1972 SL175. 300 mi
1979 XS650. 700 mi
1979 XS750. 2000mi
2017 DL650. 3000mi

The Suzuki was the wife hauler and the 750 was actually my first choice for longer rides that might include freeway miles. It’s also extremely comfortable and really fits me well. I didn’t ride the XS650 much. It’s like a really nice old rifle, don’t want to wear it out or get dirty. Almost too precious to ride (Especially after cleaning it up !).
The little Honda 175 is pretty much a rolling project but is not very reliable. Doesn’t get ridden more than ten miles from home. Every now and then engine dies, probably electrical issue. Too bad because it’s so much fun to ride wide open at speeds approaching 60 (On level roads).
All in all a pretty good year for riding! F23E3BB3-F203-47C1-BF41-A81FA29D2902.jpeg

Back