Anybody ever buy these spokes?

kelso

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I found this guy on ebay and he is selling complete sets front and back for about $90 shipped. I want to lace up my front and back to 21's and he said he can do custom lengths. Wondering if anyone has ever bought from him.

I know buchanans are the best and I am still waiting to hear back from them on pricing but I expect them to be pretty pricey and I am not building a show bike. Just wanna get her on the road.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/15064080241...ADME:X:eRTM:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr#ht_2226wt_952

shipping seems kind of steep...but for custom lengths, the price overall is not too bad for chrome ones.

It's actually about $90 with shipping otherwise I'd jump all over it. Seems like Mikes was about $140 (plus shipping?) for a set and his are stainless where this guy's are chrome plated. I may just go this route and let everyone know how it goes. Dropping the bike to get hardtailed and raked tomorrow so I am wanting to get going on the wheels.

Did you go with those spokes on ebay ?
I ordered those ebay spokes.
They are pretty, and seem to be the right angles - but
Haven't installed yet, noticed they are smaller diameter than stock.
nipples are smaller to ??
Don't know if I should be concerened ?

No I never did. I went a different direction with my wheels than originally planned. Let me know how it works out though.

I bought a set of his spokes for my XS1. The fit great, and are a little smaller diameter. I don't thrash the bike and am very happy with them.

I bought them also, but did not use them due to the smaller diameter. I thought the heads were smaller than the stock ones also.

Thanks everyone
This is answering a few questions related with these type spokes
Kelso, don't want to take your thread-

Yamasarus
Do you remember the stock nipples having a washer type thing on the inside of the rim ?
When you assembled, did you skip these washer things ?

CC,
The stock spokes on my rims did not have the nipple washers. Those washers are not uncommon in older bikes, but I don't recall Yamaha ever using them. If anyone knows different please jump in.

Back