Side cover trim, XS1, XS1B, XS2

Ipa62

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Looks like he did a limited run of these. It does seem a bit pricey, but limited runs usually are. It might be the only game in town. He has a 100% feedback rating. If I needed a set... I'd probably order 'em.

Our little shop has used this product many times over the years... Yes.. sticker shock..... But they do fit well.. look great.

I believe my set came from him years ago. There was also some sold that were cast of some sort but have not seen them for a while. Im tempted to pick up another set just in case.

Last edited:
You could remove the covers and the stock air filters and put pod filters on.

bomb_1048-5344.jpg

Thanks to all. Broke down and bought a set today. Will let you know how they look. Peter, may take your advice if disappointed, but that's not exactly what I am trying to do.
.my xs.jpg

And deal with all the possible rejetting issues. Also there would be no rear support for the carbs.

I did examine the pics on ebay as close as possible and yes they look pretty good. Did order, will let all know what I think. I would guess them to be good, but you never know till in hand.
Yes Skull, parts at Diablo Cycle are expensive! Wonder how good they are?

Be sure to use rubber washers under the emblem clips. These use a lot of clips. Could go broke. Found a bag of them at Napa.

Insert trim piece into sidecover. Lay it on a towel on a firm surface, posts up. Place washer, then clip. Press on with a tiny socket.

To remove clips, bend each internal tang upwards with a 90° pick. Get them to totally clear the post. Those plastic posts are delicate...

Be sure to use rubber washers under the emblem clips. These use a lot of clips. Could go broke. Found a bag of them at Napa.

Insert trim piece into sidecover. Lay it on a towel on a firm surface, posts up. Place washer, then clip. Press on with a tiny socket.

To remove clips, bend each internal tang upwards with a 90° pick. Get them to totally clear the post. Those plastic posts are delicate...

The rubber washers are a good tip, keeps the trim tight against the side cover and helps tame the vibration. For rubber washers I purchased some rubber sheet and got some cheap punches from Harbor Frt and made my own. If you have an old inner tube that would also work.

Received the trim pieces, they do look good, although didn't exactly fall into the mounting holes, but with a little gentle persuasion they easily fit and laid flat to the tins.:thumbsup:

Here's the finished product with new trim and original badge (that I stroked a bit), trim pieces fit and look good. Purchased new clips from boats.net and bought locally #8 rubber washers. BTW, boats.net is a pretty good source for OEM bits and pieces. Paint is a little dark, but not bad, and all tins will get the same.
side covers.jpg

Price might have been a bit steep, but I'm guessin' you're happy. They look great!!!

Yeah, pretty happy with it, not ecstatic though. I should point out that I'm not trying to make a show bike, just a good looking rider. Paint is House of Kolor "Solar Gold", keep in mind that clear coat is everything, as well as prep.

Good to know, Thanks. Will keep that in mind when I get to that point on my project. Still got a while before then, besides no tellin' when my "paint booth" (a.k.a. backyard) will be up to temp.

Here's the finished product with new trim and original badge (that I stroked a bit), trim pieces fit and look good. Purchased new clips from boats.net and bought locally #8 rubber washers. BTW, boats.net is a pretty good source for OEM bits and pieces. Paint is a little dark, but not bad, and all tins will get the same.
View attachment 113970

I think that looks great! The original candy is so laborious to apply ( and expensive) that unless you are shooting for a show bike, I'd do just what you did.

Back