Anyone in AZ shoot at Ben avery

Who is Ben Avery, and why are people shooting at him? Just kidding, could not resist. can't afford to shoot anything nowadays! Gas, guns and bullets are too expensive to practice with lately.

Ha ha funny stuff! Ya I hear you on cost, I shot 6 boxes of FGGM .308 at a total cost of $240.00 in rounds alone. Factor in gas and beverages figure it was a $300 excursion. Do that once a week and Ouch, your not kidding on cost!

I used to buy Lake City Match 7.62 for around 13.00 a box and shoot around 40 rounds every other weekend (when I was not shooting pistol matches) and I was giving the brass away to the "serious" shooters. Had the SSG PIIK with the 10 Power Hensoldt ZF 500 scope several years ago. What a machine! Loved that rifle, but got married, bought a house, had a child, and felt like I "needed" a second bike one day.
On my "off" weeks from the rifle I'd lay down 400-500 rounds of various pistol caliber at the range shooting tactical matches or plate matches to work on speed. I placed top 20 one year and top 10 (8th) the next at the Dallas GSSF matches in the novice class at my peak of form.

Time is the other cost killer too, who has time!

I hear ya on that! Used to do league shoots long ago, but to save money and get the ammo I wanted got into reloading. That eats up money AND time.

Built a firing range here, but could only clear-out 150 yds. Would've enjoyed your 200 yd excursion, have a couple expermentals, need that distance...

Back