Apology to the forum

old boy

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just read the rules and would like to apologize for any violations. From the first read I only remembered "no politics and no religion" I have to admit I'm having trouble finding things I need to know. Example from a reply from Fred "how to resurrect a longtime parked bike" he mentioned a list. I could't find it with a search of those words. If I have a question I hope someone sees it in my reply. I dont know the best way to get questions answered. I also think for those that are interested I should give a history of my bike as I think you should know what I've done to it and what others have done. Where would be a good place to post this? I also dont know when I should opt for the quote or opt for the reply response. So far I've only chose the reply. I "like" every response I get. I do find some things offensive but I'm not personally offended if that makes any sense. I feel I have the least amount of knowledge of anyone on the forum,and welcome any constructive criticism. I think this is great forum and will even enjoy it more when I get it figured out. I really appreciate all the help I've gotten so far. Will try to go back to my original thread "1973 shed release as Pics doesn't seem appropriate seeing I dont always have pictures.

You're far too kind, old boy. I think I'm a few months older than you, many more same age group in here. In fact, you're really close to Kenny Roberts age (Jan 1952). Relax, you'll blend in easy.

Fredintoon has another 15 years on us.
He's not older than dirt.
He was on the design team.

Yes, the "search" trick in here is knowing the buzzwords.
Instead of "how to resurrect a longtime parked bike", try "wake up".

There's a "signature" feature in your profile. That's the best place to put your bike info...

old boy the best way to get a question answered on the forum is to simply ask it and since a lot of us are older we get a "cranky pass" Some guys come off a little harsh sometimes but you have to time it so you ask the question after nap-time.....

I just did! Watch for my latest missive on refurbishing and testing ignition coils.

Pete

You're far too kind, old boy. I think I'm a few months older than you, many more same age group in here. In fact, you're really close to Kenny Roberts age (Jan 1952). Relax, you'll blend in easy.

Fredintoon has another 15 years on us.
He's not older than dirt.
He was on the design team.

Yes, the "search" trick in here is knowing the buzzwords.
Instead of "how to resurrect a longtime parked bike", try "wake up".

There's a "signature" feature in your profile. That's the best place to put your bike info...
Thanks. Will that wake up work on me also? I just posted some new pics in 1973 shed release on a reply to gggGary as I would like for everyone to reply to me under that thread.

Last edited:
old boy the best way to get a question answered on the forum is to simply ask it and since a lot of us are older we get a "cranky pass" Some guys come off a little harsh sometimes but you have to time it so you ask the question after nap-time.....
Looks like nap time varies a lot. Some of you like to stay up late.

Greetings Fred,
O was that not a clever reply you old rapscallion

Hi old boy,
there's already enough onions in this particular stew, eh?
Back to post #1 in this string and damned if I could find an appropriate thread using the "search" box either.
Your next stop could be the "tech" button.
It lists just about everything so if you suspect that you have a problem there's a section that tells you about it.

Hi old boy,
there's already enough onions in this particular stew, eh?
Back to post #1 in this string and damned if I could find an appropriate thread using the "search" box either.
Your next stop could be the "tech" button.
It lists just about everything so if you suspect that you have a problem there's a section that tells you about it.
Tks Fred. I agree. The "wake up" help is greatly appreciated.

Back