ardcore choppers...what the hell??

ford6t5

XS650 Member
Reaction score
hey guy's,

i'm lurking here for some time now and here is a quick introduction..
My name is twan and i live in the netherlands (europe).
in the past i have build a hd shovel chop (about 15 years ago, wow i'm getting old)..
now i have 3 kids and a '65 ford f100 on airride as my hobby and a xs 650 chopper hardtail

21052011147.jpg

21052011145.jpg

12062011153.jpg

the helmet is a '74 arther fulmer helmet metalflake and pinstriped. fits like a glove

since i don't like the lines off the frame ( i bought it this way) i'm in the process of finding me a bobber/chopper frame.

I found ardcore choppers and i realy like their bobber frame.

i emailed several times and got poor response.
I've called numerous times only to find the answeringmachine.

what's up with them.
are they out off bussines?

does anyone done bussines with them and had troubles with them?
I have to order overseas so i want a reliable partner.

is it wise to try to continue to do bussines or do i have to find me another framebuilder.

does anybody know other builders?

thanks already.

see ya

twan

I've sent Adcore several emails in the past and always got timely responses. Maybe that has changed recently, I dunno.

You haven't bought anything yet and he has stopped talking to you? I am going to be blunt, Take a hint. Odds are good he doesn't want the hassle of trying to ship something as big as a frame to Europe, duties, customs, very expensive shipping, endless paperwork, payment issues, everything would be just too much of a pain to deal with. Besides it's the season here and there is plenty of local business without all the extra grief. No personal knowledge, just a guess.

hey thanks for your replies.

@gggary if international shipping is a problem i have a adres in texas that will forward it to me i have two adresses in LA that will help me so if thats the case...problem solved.

but i read on their site that shop ours are Monday - Friday 12pm - 8pm.

if i'm right there is an 6 our timedifference between indiana and the netherlands.
those shop ours are pm. so only from noon till 20.00 ours

just called them its 21.00 here so around 15.00 there. got the answeringmachine

that bobberframe looks killer and from what i read their craftsmanship is outstanding.

i also read a few negative replies but then again a negative is inmediatly online, and a positive isn't.
i don't want to post negativly about them i just want to talk to them.

see ya

twan

2blackbetty

can't seem to find a thread. got a link?
if you don't want to forward it over here pslease pm me

thanks

see ya

damned now i'm ready to get me a ardcoreframe they dont respond...

could anyone off you call them and check if they are there or not, maybe he sees a overseas number..

see ya

twan

Never do business with a guy who won't return your calls BEFORE you buy. You have been warned....

Never had to deal with them and maybe times are tough or they just got a lot of bikes to build. They make nice stuff but check out MONSTERCRAFTSMAN I know they have nice frames from VOODO and ship overseas because i just sent them a frame to be built and sent overseas for a guy who bought the frame from me. Talk to JON nice guys good work from there shop and he makes parts too.
NOW JON where is my 10% just kidding. I use to sell many parts to your area in the BIG N good people overseas there.
Good luck with your build
Rich

Just bought a tail from them. Ill be doing a review of the actual tail later, but they are more than behind making the tails. When I called they said 2-3 weeks and it ended up being over 5 weeks. It wasn't a big problem as I kind of expected that with a new product and the huge demand that has been shown for this tail. It was rather difficult to get them on the phone, and if I am not mistaken they work from 12-8 instead of the regular 9-5. I also didn't get any replies to my emails and simply had to keep calling to get them on the phone. Also, no real communication about shipping, time frame or anything, and the only way I found anything out was by calling them.

All of that being said, they were stand up guys when I talked to them and answered any questions I had. If the tail is something you want, I would keep trying to get ahold of them , however if strong communication is something you want I would look elsewhere. Its up to you how much you are willing to put up with and if you want my opinions of the actual tail send me a pm.

I bought a tail from Ardcore and it is sweet and simple to install, They answerd the first and second time I called and jon was more than happy to answer my questions.:thumbsup:

Maybe if you posted this into the shop link he might reply if you are that desperate. No one likes to have negative publicity aired in their shop.

One thing i don'T like about his sales pitch when reading his intro is the reference to welding up the frame.

"our kit is designed so the welds you do at installation basically just keep it from slipping apart. Even if your welds fail our design incorporates the engine and rear mount as a fail safe. And most importantly we understand not everyone has access to a TIG welder or the welding experience to use it correctly."

any one who advocates bad welding is sufficient then states their welding is superior.

"As with all of our products each kit is heliarc (TIG) welded, NOT MIG WELDED for great looks and superior structural integrity"

is waiting for a liability suit if your weld fails and causes an accident. Also reading the last sentence in blue is a mith, tig welding is no more a superior in strength than mig or stick.

Theres nothing wrong with having confidence in your product. I suggest you speak with some welders in your area to seperate the miths from the myth.:thumbsup:

Back