ardcore choppers...what the hell??

As I remember from talking to Ardcore once they said they had frames all over the world. I don't think shipping would be the problem, after all, you would be paying the bill. Must not be as much profit in this bike building as one might think. I have seen few of them that hired someone to answer the phone or else they just want to keep all the profits and just leave the customer in limbo. I mean after all how many of them have been in business for any length of time. Most of these guys don't even do this full time. I couldn't imagine trying to devote any amount of time to a business like that after what my regular job requires of me.
jefft

Last edited:
so i changed my strategie. i thought if i call when they start at noon i have the biggest chance to get ahold of jon. and what do ya think? yes sir he answered the phone and we talked for quite a long time and i got a good feeling about it. we talked about the frames about shipping and about their poor communication and jon explained to me that the phone rings all day and that if he's welding he cant stop to go to the phone he had my email ready to reply, he also appologized for the lack off communication. i think also that he is a stand up guy and he is trying to make a busines in this hard economy. i'm convinced and i'm going to put up a build sheet with him and get things moving.

i'will keep you posted but don't expect to get a daily update i have some things to figure out and shipping to figure out.

thanks

see ya

twan

I'll add another plus for David and voodoo vintage. I've got one of his tails and I think its one of the nicest looking out there. No funky plates around the lower crossmember and nice lines on the lower tubes. Definately not your typical tcbrothers bellybutton tail. David was great to deal with and always returned email's in a timely manner, too.

Know enough about welding to separate the miths from the myths.

I was pointing out his recommending the welds from their hard-tail to you frame doesn't need to be good :wtf::doh:but they stand by a superior weld on their part.

Tig/Mig/Stick a 100% weld is a 100% weld no porosity. Tis the thing on the other end that dictates the quality

hey guy's, a little updat is in order. due to continues miscommunication (read no communication) i have decided to stop doing bussines with ardcore. a pitty.
But i have contact with two other builders: voodoo vintage and tigman, both very quick email response and i've talked to them on the phone. as far as the price goes it's almost the same, voodoo has a cad sketch in the making off the frame and that speaks craftsmanship and confidence for me, tigman has also provided great info and tips. cudo's for that. voodoo vintage is located in texas and my relative lives in texas so shipping the frame to texas is the cheapest by voodoo so he has some points in advance. but were in the fase off making build sheets.

keep u posted.

thanks

see ya

twan

Theres nothing wrong with having confidence in your product. I suggest you speak with some welders in your area to seperate the miths from the myth.:thumbsup:

I suppose you know my welding experience to be able to tel the difference between mith and myth.

I'm thinking it would be more creative to build your own frame. Travis makes up a nice kit for a frame jig. I like the goose neck frames. Light weight tracker frames. Travis was making kits so you can drop stretch to suit your own needs. I know some AWS certified tig welders. I might build one my self for the 277 motor next winters project. Even if you sold the frame jig after the build. :shrug: That makes more sense than waiting till the party's over. Some are TV stars. Then you have recovery period clean up the shop crush a few beer cans on the forehead. Takes about 4 or 5 weeks. :D With a jig build time should not take more than two or three hours if you have the right equipment. If you do a production run ten kits .Some build the kits on the side. So customer bikes and builds in the shop usually come first. :thumbsup:

I have purchased the Ardtail and at times, it was an unnerving experience. If you are impatient or in a hurry by any means, move on now. There were times that no response was given after a few emails and phone calls. All in all, it took about 5 months to receive the product. Yes, Jon did call me back the first time I called. Yes the shop was moving after I left my payment in full. Yes there were times when I truly wondered if the Ardtail would ever arrive? And yes, eventually after several emails I did get a return email saying a few more weeks and it did arrive. End result is I have the product and I understand your appreciation for a good looking and well made product. Prepare yourself for the wait and expect nothing less.

Last edited:
Back