Ardcore's DIY hardtail..

hi what would you charge me to post 1 of these to victoria 3419 australia,,,,, with tracking,,,,,, ..and paypal,,,, ,,,and do they fit a 1976 frame ....77..... regards oldbiker

What filters are any of you running with the ardtail. I've got bs34's and just bought some unis and they are rubbing on the tail.

I am running K&N pods on my Ardtail with no real clearance issues. Granted I am running EX500 carbs but the length from throat to bell is almost exactly the same. I had BS34's on previously and there was no interferance with the K&N's.

What filters are any of you running with the ardtail. I've got bs34's and just bought some unis and they are rubbing on the tail.

Have unis and have the same issue.. Im going to end up running velocity stacks with some mesh screens.

Guess what the UPS truck brought today, Jon said 5 weeks when I called, it was right on time. This thing looks great, the welds are perfect, instructions are clear, packaging was great, can't wait to start cutting the old girl up. I'll start a build thread when I do. The ardtail is great, I would buy from ardcore again in a heartbeat.

the 72 frame is a little narrower in the front downtubes, dont know if that equates to any modification.

unis , are foam filters, I cut the coil spring in mine back, cut the foam end off and reglued the chrome cap back on for the shortie look

The ardtail rocks, it is simple to put on and looks great, the welds are perfect, well worth the price. Thank you Jon, here it is on my 82.

009.jpg

Hey guys,

Just wondering if any Aussies have successfully ordered one of these?

I've been trying to get a quote on shipping from Ardcore via email/facebook but haven't had much response yet (been a couple of weeks and multiple messages unanswered).

Because of the time difference, it's difficult to catch them on the phone during business hours.

I'm very keen on the Ardtail's lines but just wondering if it's worth persevering to try and place an order.

So I will definitely be ordering one of these for my next build if it can be built to my specs, going to run a zx9 rear wheel and front end. Sent an email a few weeks back but never heard back yet. Probably try to call them soon...:shrug:

well, it took me like 8 or 9 weeks to get mine.

i ordered the last week in Jan, and i just got it 2 weeks ago.

Ordered my tail from Jon and the boys at Ardcore this past Monday. Went with only 2" stretch over the typical 4". I want to avoid that ackward space between the engine and rear fender. Jon was great to deal with and said turn around time would be about 5 weeks. That should give me enough time to hide the bill from the wife. She's gonna shit, lol.

I agree totally with Jon on the motor mounts its over kill and 2 worked fine on my two builds with more abuse than most peeps would ever do to their ride. As for the stretch and other dims, I have seen many customer ordered frames unless you have built alot of them, my suggestion to someone new to building a hard tailed xs is stick with his dimensions, they look proportionately perfect, they handle well, even at high speeds, and you will get many many compliments. I was very happy with my build when I got her finished and it was my first hard tail. He knows his shit and that makes it easier on you !

Back