Ardcore's DIY hardtail..

Any chance they can do this in a 200 rear width? I couldn't see it mentioned anywhere on their site, or around anywhere else either?

Ryan

Ordered my tail from Jon and the boys at Ardcore this past Monday. Went with only 2" stretch over the typical 4". I want to avoid that ackward space between the engine and rear fender. Jon was great to deal with and said turn around time would be about 5 weeks. That should give me enough time to hide the bill from the wife. She's gonna shit, lol.

Ch'town eh? We'll have to start an XS club here.

Hey guys,

Just wondering if any Aussies have successfully ordered one of these?

I've been trying to get a quote on shipping from Ardcore via email/facebook but haven't had much response yet (been a couple of weeks and multiple messages unanswered).

Because of the time difference, it's difficult to catch them on the phone during business hours.

I'm very keen on the Ardtail's lines but just wondering if it's worth persevering to try and place an order.
Hey mate I've ordered mine from ardcore. I had to get in phone contact with him, usually call at around 7am eastern standard time and you will get him. I've got a tracking number off him finally, it's on it's way right on about 5-6 weeks. Cheapest shipping I found was around $250 from him to me in Canberra but at the last minute Jon found an alternative for around $140 which is good news.
Good luck

That's cheap shipping! What was the source? Are you guys having to get engineer clearance for frame mods in Australia? I'm in NSW and my build is sprung but I'd love to have a V2 bobber to join this one.

That's cheap shipping! What was the source? Are you guys having to get engineer clearance for frame mods in Australia? I'm in NSW and my build is sprung but I'd love to have a V2 bobber to join this one.

yeah definatly needs engineering here in oz !!! So that means blinkers, front guard, correct length rear guard, brake light and licence plate in correct position, chain guard, bars in spec, front brake, etc, etc ,etc. Which sux but what do you do !!! (remove/move/shorten it all once engineered and rego'd that's what.. LOL )

I ordered 3 of these 6 weeks ago today.. So hopefully hear from him any day now...

Can't wait... Will be posting build threads once I start..

I recently purchased the ardtail for my project. Quality work and they idiot-proofed it for no extra charge! Nothing against other vendors of weld-ons but for me this a sure thing. Now if they would get some new T-shirts in stock I'd be out pimpin' me some new theads.

Just got my 'ard tail in and it looks fantastic. Good instructions too.

John was really accommodating to me being that I ordered the tail, then moved cross country. It all worked out well. Great company, easy install

My wait time was about 10 weeks, but I was in no hurry. You will not be disappointed if you go with the ardtail. I start my vacation in 2 weeks. I've got a new pack of sawsall blades, fridge full of beer and a freezer full of jager. The liver is evil, it must be abused.

Posted via Mobile

I'm now at 16 weeks. I did get in touch with them and it's supposed to ship this week. We'll see.

I'm now at 16 weeks. I did get in touch with them and it's supposed to ship this week. We'll see.

Hey man I waited 16 weeks too but all the frustration melts away when you get it. The wait sucks but everybody raves about this hard tail for a reason.

what size spacer are needed?
what side of the wheel do you space?
And do you space between the wheel and the inside of the axel plate, or the nuts and the outside of the axel plate?

DO IT YOURSELF XS650 HARDTAIL KIT
Introducing the latest product from Ardcore Choppers for the garage builder.

the ARDTAIL!
After YEARS of getting requests for a DIY hardtail with the killer lines and quality we are known for here it is. We have listened to the issues the average home builder has with the installation of other kits and working with some friends of ours in the industry we have developed and are offering the easiest to install XS650 hardtail kit on the planet, PERIOD!!!!! Not confident in your welding skills on something as structurally important as your frame? NO PROBLEM! You could literally epoxy this kit on with no worries! Of course we do not recommend this but you get the point.
When we set out to do a DIY hardtail kit the three main problems/improvements we repeatedly heard and felt could be improved upon was first making the hardtail easy to square up with the front frame section. To address this our design is a no brainer utilizing slugs and triangulation. Since we are using the engine as a jig and the stock back bone to positively locate the hardtail in addition to the factory lower engine rails its as simple as making 3 cuts, then remove the old frame section and slide the new rear section into place! Second was the amount of time spent cleaning up your stock backbone. Cutting and removing your old seat rails, the factory sleeved gusset and lower battery tray rails in addition to finishing the backbone after surgery was very time consuming. THIS KIT ELIMINATES ALL OF THAT! And lastly was the possibility of grinding/cutting into your backbone to deep when removing the factory rails causing a weak spot. THIS KIT ELIMINATES THAT POSSIBILITY! Each kit comes with detailed step by step instructions.

If you can read a measuring tape, cut 3 decent straight lines and weld two pieces of metal together you can install this kit in a couple of hours!

Each hard tail is jig built based off a STRAIGHT stock frame and engine meaning when you go to install the kit it's going to fit (provided your stock frame is straight). As with all of our products each kit is heliarc (TIG) welded, NOT MIG WELDED for great looks and superior structural integrity. You have to wonder why most racing organizations and the Aerospace industry either recommend or mandate TIG welding on structural components! After that statement, how and why can we offer a kit that can be MIG welded? First, our kit is designed so the welds you do at installation basically just keep it from slipping apart. Even if your welds fail our design incorporates the engine and rear mount as a fail safe. And most importantly we understand not everyone has access to a TIG welder or the welding experience to use it correctly. With our kit all the structural (critical) welds are done for you as the main stresses are carried on and in our welds. We could go on and on about what sets ours apart but since WE ARE and HAVE BEEN at the forefront of the modern XS movement do we really need to?

Our intent was to have 10 of these on the shelf ready to go when we announced the release. Word leaked out and the first ones are gone so expect a 2-3 week turnaround. Cost is $325.00 with $40.00 shipping. Granted a little more expensive than the others, but to us the ease of installation and time saved is well worth it. Remember quality isn't expensive it's priceless.

diyhardtail114.jpg

diyhardtail075.jpg
.....................hi i like the hardtail,,, for the handy man in the garage ,,,, question why couldn,t the angle tube that jions the vertical bent tube go from the axle to flush in line still at an angle but no step at all regards oldbiker

Back