Attention ( DADDY G CYCLES ) scammed $3500 from me DON't TRUST HIM...

Status
Not open for further replies.
DAMN. glad i didn't fuckin trust this guy with my money. i almost set up a bike build with him a month after you did. phew. glad i went with my gut and backed out.

I can tell you that it seems kind of sketchy to me because i was on the phone with him about a month ago and he was telling me that he was actually moving shops back to staten island or something like that.

I don't know the specifics, and I won't pass too much judgment on the dude until we get his side of the story, but maybe you can track down Daddy G Cycles in Staten Island. from what he told me, he didn't intend on slowing down building at all and was moving full speed ahead. I saw an e-mail on craigslist talking about doing complete motor rebuilds with a 6 month warranty for 500 bucks, as well as selling xs650 "kit bobber bikes"... i assumed that this could only be Rich. sent an e-mail, never got a reply. Maybe you could also try that?

i'm pretty sure many of you gents know how i'd go about getting MY money back (and i WOULD get my money back - all of it, no matter what people like gggGary say), but that's neither here nor there. either way, best of luck to you, and i hope rich man's up and comments on this shit.

Man, never thought I'd hear $3500 and XS in the same post. This is really a bad scene.

When I was 19 (1969) my roommate took a Vincent out of state to be restored by a guy he read about in a magazine. He sent $150 every month and mysteriously the Vincent disappeared and the fellow denighed having it. That is theft and the guy got away with it. Daddy G sounds more like an untogether slacker.

This taught me the lesson to always do bussiness with someone I can grab. Get what you can out of the deal.

Tom Graham

I'm thinking his silence is speaker volumes right now... But I would like to hear his side of the story....

I'm thinking his silence is speaker volumes right now... But I would like to hear his side of the story....

He has not logged in since 6-10-11 at like 7am so his silence says nothing. Not defending him in anyway- just trying to keep this thread on the level and give him a chance for rebuttal.

p!nK

I see he has posted a bunch of his $10 items today on ebay. ?????????????????:wink2:

Why shouldnt he get all of his money back? Its not his fault what happen. I just started a business out of my garage and Im hoping I will need to move to a shop. This guy really makes us look bad. Im not trying to get rich but I want to offer things people can afford. I hope you get your money back man good luck.

My point is I dont know either party. I have seen customers try to pull some bs before (NOT SAYING THIS DUDE IS!!) and it would be the right thing to hear out the accused before he is hung by all.

I can't speak to the veracity of Frank's claims, or to Daddy G's integrity, as I do not know either party and have not heard both sides of what has transpired between the two. I can tell you, though, that this instance suggests the need for some sort of vetting, feedback, or peer review mechanism on this forum, to which those who wish to wish to conduct business here should be subject as a condition of doing so.

Very recently, I too made a purchase from someone on this forum who purports to serve the motorcycling community, and this one. I paid for the item up front and in full, in good faith, but have yet to receive it. In my case, the problem may well be incompetence on the part of the carrier, but as I speak, I am out the purchase price, and have nothing but a label number and no recourse with which to file a claim against the carrier. Only the merchant can do that, but to date, I have been thoroughly unimpressed by the manner in which this situation is (not) being addressed. For my part, I am forced to hope that the merchant "does the right thing", specifically, produce the item by a reliable means of conveyance, and then make a claim against the carrier who lost the item, or write it off as a loss/insurance claim. To do so is merely basic business ethics, and common decency. He has my money. I have nothing to show for it. I just want what I paid for, and what he agreed to provide... nothing more, nothing less.

In light of these sorts of occurrences, I'd suggest that perhaps Travis could consider developing and implementing a way in which those who wish to advertise goods and services here be required to be subject to community feedback or some similar means of peer review as a condition of purveying goods and services on this forum, perhaps in the manner that Ebay offers a customer-based quality assessment. Unless sellers here are subject to some sort of reputation assessment, we can expect more of this to occur. I was of the impression that we all, as a matter of course, look after one another here, especially in matters of personal honor. This is apparently not the case. I'm not one to slander or defame, but I, for one, would be happy for some sort of objective, anonymous customer feedback mechanism at this particular time.

TC

Well, the shops threads are not moderated (much or yet) So any beefs can get aired. I too would like to hear the "other side". I have been in business and I know from personal experience how hard it can be when times get tough. A business as small as a motorcycle builder it only takes one problem bike to start the slippery slide to empty pockets and mad customers.

I never really liked the manner in which DaddyG posted. He looked and sounded like a 12 year old. Now, that's not to say he didn't know his stuff ...... some really knowledgeable folks just can't "put down to paper" that knowledge. I think, however, if you were really serious about generating business, you would train yourself and learn to write in an easily read and understandable manner.

I do pretty much all my own work. I understand everyone can't do that. I do help others and they pay me - but not much. I would starve if I did this for a living, lol. I do it for the love of the bike. I do the work first, then they pay me. Many times they give me more than I asked for. Like I said, I'm not doing it for a living.

Frank, I'm sorry you have to go through something like this. I feel for you on one hand but on the other, maybe this will give you the incentive to learn how to do much of this stuff on your own. MrPink, I don't think there will be an "other side" to this story. I really think DaddyG took the money, spent it on food, rent, whatever, and is in no position to pay it back. Sure, he wants to, but he doesn't have it to give. I have friends like this. They live pay check to pay check. They're in their mid 50's and have nothing to fall back on. They still go out to dinner 2 or 3 times a week and pay someone $300 to $500 to put brakes on their car when they could buy the parts and do it themselves for $100. It's just the way some people are.

TeeCat, I don't think anonymous feedback would be a good idea. Also, those who advertise goods and services here are subject to community feedback... you're seeing it right here. Anyone can start a thread like this when they have a problem. We probably could think of a way to have some kind of formal review system for guys in the Shops section, but we should probably continue that discussion elsewhere.

Regarding this whole situation... It definitely does not sound good. Paging DaddyG!

How long was Daddy G even on the forum? Being from New Jersey, and being into this scene as heavily as I am, I know a few people. I mean, although I deal primarily with cars, a lot of my friends are into the bike scene too. No one, NOT ONE SINGLE CONNECT OF MINE, knew who Daddy G Cycles was. But I began to see him around as i stumbled upon websites like this and figured the guy may be legit. even saw one of his alleged rides on xs650chopper.com.

like i said, right now he's got an add up at craigslist looking to do motor rebuilds (the ad. literally says "any motor, any year, for any bike, rebuilt $500" or something like that. it's ridiculous. i wonder how many people he's conning with this, especially since he came on here no more than 2 months ago telling everyone that he does complete motor rebuilds with 6 month warranties (xs only!) for 800 bucks!

i'm sorry, but i really feel like this sort of shit is unacceptable. if i were the op, i would buy one of his 10 dollar parts on fleabay, cop the return address, and see about paying that gentleman a visit.

I never really liked the manner in which DaddyG posted. He looked and sounded like a 12 year old. Now, that's not to say he didn't know his stuff ...... some really knowledgeable folks just can't "put down to paper" that knowledge. I think, however, if you were really serious about generating business, you would train yourself and learn to write in an easily read and understandable manner.

I am with 5twins on this, dude always came across as a bit undereducated and kind of aggressive.

How long was Daddy G even on the forum? Being from New Jersey, and being into this scene as heavily as I am, I know a few people. I mean, although I deal primarily with cars, a lot of my friends are into the bike scene too. No one, NOT ONE SINGLE CONNECT OF MINE, knew who Daddy G Cycles was. But I began to see him around as i stumbled upon websites like this and figured the guy may be legit. even saw one of his alleged rides on xs650chopper.com.

like i said, right now he's got an add up at craigslist looking to do motor rebuilds (the ad. literally says "any motor, any year, for any bike, rebuilt $500" or something like that. it's ridiculous. i wonder how many people he's conning with this, especially since he came on here no more than 2 months ago telling everyone that he does complete motor rebuilds with 6 month warranties (xs only!) for 800 bucks!

i'm sorry, but i really feel like this sort of shit is unacceptable. if i were the op, i would buy one of his 10 dollar parts on fleabay, cop the return address, and see about paying that gentleman a visit.

That's a shitty thing to do, glad he is hooking it up for us XS guys, especially since the motor is so simple.

As far as us not hearing Daddy G's side and him not having logged in in 2 days, SO FUCKING WHAT? You don't have to be logged in to read the forums, guy is probably reading every post in this thread but too chicken shit to reply. Creeps like this are everywhere.

OP if you were smart you would befriend Maxwell and let him see if he could find a reasonable solution for you. It sounds to me like you are all too eager to watch your money slip away.

Only thing I could add to that Joel, is youd figure that a man wanting to do business would be able to present himself in a decent, well educated manor. Its great if you have been doing something for 30+ years but if you cant spell the names of half the tools youre working with, not only will I doubt your ability, but it would make me wonder if I could trust you with something that my life will depend on doing 70 mph down the highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back