Attention ( DADDY G CYCLES ) scammed $3500 from me DON't TRUST HIM...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as us not hearing Daddy G's side and him not having logged in in 2 days, SO FUCKING WHAT? You don't have to be logged in to read the forums, guy is probably reading every post in this thread but too chicken shit to reply. Creeps like this are everywhere.

It's just as likely that he hasn't read it.. There's no way to know. I'd like to hear his side of things.

I would too, but I doubt we will hear it. I am pretty fired up about this because I recently had a guy on craigslist try to pull a fast one on me, luckily I got it taken care of free on my own. If the dude is having trouble, fine. Everyone goes through hard times. But you KNOW when you are having financial trouble. The last thing you do is take someone's money in advance and spend it on stuff not related to their bike build. That is just dumb. And if you are going through problems and honestly plan on resolving them, you keep the lines of communication open with the people who need resolution.

Ksboy, I don't care if you can't read or write at all, you may build the best motorcycle ever. But in that case, you hire some high school kid or college student to run the office and do all your communicating.

Thats exactly right, I dont care how you handle it. Hire a monkey to write me a letter, I personally dont give a damn HOW you keep in contact with me as long as you do. I think everyone has learned something from this, anytime i do business again I will do half down, half after or no dice paco.

XSJoel, I'm definitely not saying it's true in this situation, but for argument sake, this whole story could have been made up by an unethical competitor or unreasonable customer.. You just don't always know with the internet and hearing one side of a story. Maybe the lines of communication were more open than stated? You find out a lot more about a situation when you hear both sides of things. Like I said, I'm not saying that's true here, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

Not hearing from DaddyG at all would tells us a lot too.

Oh absolutely, could be totally fabricated. The OP's post count makes that even easier to believe. I don't know, I have a feeling we won't be hearing from Daddy G. Time will tell. I hope we do. (grabs the popcorn)

Haha sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!! I think we all hope too hear from him, especially the OP.. but in this case I think Travis is right, we most likely wont hear from DADDYG. Thatll speak volumes about him, the situation, and how he does business and handles customers. But I mean if he was desperate for money, part of me cant really blame him(thinking that he actually had full intention of following through and building the bike), as low as it was.. If you had to provide wouldnt you do anything necessary? Even taking the money before starting the project, which we all know(if not before this, now we do) is a no no.. But now, Im sure he knows he had an "uh oh" moment..

No, I can honestly say that if someone sent me money to do a project, I would spend that money on parts for that project and nothing else until I finished it. If he is hard up for money, then every hour he is awake he should be working on bikes if he possesses the knowledge and skill needed. That is what I would do.

Okay Joel, Maybe the way I said that wasnt too clear.. But I meant, if i was in that position, i would have gladly taken the money before with all intentions of completing the build. Now you have the money to build the bike, anything you dont spend on the build, is yours, cash in your pocket, which means you can now provide for you, family, etc.. I completly agree with you, that money is not mine until i have a happy customer riding away on the finished product, thats MY mindset on it.

I understand your mindset. But the first thing you do is order all the parts needed, then spend the money right? Well if that is the case then all Daddy G needs to do is finish the build. And him spending the money is no problem. Sounds like he either spent the money without ordering the parts or actually DOESN'T posses the knowledge and skill to complete the job. Just my guess.

And guys, let's be serious - i don't care if some of you folks are far enough along to not sweat losing 3500 bucks, but to us average joe's that's a LOT of green. plain and simple.

bodies have been dumped along the parkway out here over FAR less than 4 g's. time are tough for everyone right now, and if that man can't afford to eat, that sounds like a personal problem to me, and anything less than a full refund is unacceptable. shit, if i were the O.P. i'd charge him 10% interest on my money every week that he can't deliver the product or can't refund my money.

eye for an eye, brother. that's how i see it.

Agreed, I wouldnt spend a dime of my customers money on anything but the bike til the build was done. That way I could be confident, all the customers money went where it should. But im with you, my best guess is that none of the money ended up where it should have been, especially when the OP stated DADDYG needed to sell tools to pay him back. Dont you think if he ordered parts, he would have something besides the bike to show him and say "hey, look i have been ordering parts and moving forward with your bike build" But it seems awfully sketchy, to take your money, and say "by the way, im not building your bike" Thats fine, dont build it. But where the hell did all the money go, specially when there is no parts or progress to show for it.

::shrugs:: again, i stress that this is all hypothetical. i've spoken with daddy g over the phone, and although a little quick and even sorta pushy, he seemed like a good dude. when i was having motor problems, he gave me some good advice, for sure. if we don't here from him within the next couple of days, we'll know who's in the wrong.

I am with Maxwell, $3,500 is a good bit of money. And it isn't OP's fault that Daddy G can't eat, hell OP is trying to HELP Daddy G eat, so why should he be penalized? If I was OP I would totally charge the maximum interest allowed by law on the $3,500. Well, I would be at Daddy G's shop with a truck picking up anything that looked good to me that he owned to go towards his debt, but that's another story. But yeah, dude took his money and didn't even order his parts from what it sounds like.

Its just a completly screwed up deal! Hell i too agree with Maxwell, I know I dont have $3500 to be giving out.. My big thing here is if it was because DADDYG was broke and couldnt afford a decent meal, like you said thats not OP's fault, but was grinds my gears is that DADDYG thinks shits just going to be handed to him! Nothing is free or handed to you in this world, you gotta work for your keep. Dont like it, dont play the game. I dont feel bad for DADDYG whatsoever. Hard work gets you far, this shit gets you no where, and a shitty rep.. good luck getting anyone to give you another chance.

::shrugs:: again, i stress that this is all hypothetical. i've spoken with daddy g over the phone, and although a little quick and even sorta pushy, he seemed like a good dude. when i was having motor problems, he gave me some good advice, for sure. if we don't here from him within the next couple of days, we'll know who's in the wrong.

That just makes me even more curious, if youve had personal dealings with him without a hitch. Whats goin on this time, you cant just back out of a contract specially with a good amount of money involved. I wonder what caused this ordeal if this was not a thing thats happened before with him.

Couldnt agree more Joel... Its a shame, no one wants to work for anything, and then they think it should just be givin to 'em. I dont have half the skills or equipment he claims to have but id much rather do as much as i can myself. Want it done right, you have to do it yourself these days.

Couldnt agree more Joel... Its a shame, no one wants to work for anything, and then they think it should just be givin to 'em. I dont have half the skills or equipment he claims to have but id much rather do as much as i can myself. Want it done right, you have to do it yourself these days.

Yeah, I am alright with the tools, but not so hip on electrical or the detailed motor stuff, but my old man is a factory trained Harley mechanic from the early 80's, so I have a pretty knowledgeable dude on my side. He has been a manufacturing engineer for like 20 years now, I can tell that he likes tearing into a bike after being away so long. Hoping to do a nice rebuild/rephase this winter with his help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back