Attention ( DADDY G CYCLES ) scammed $3500 from me DON't TRUST HIM...

Status
Not open for further replies.
True :) I'm butting out of this thread...I've already said too much for the new guy on the block :)

ok, again, i'll come out square and say what should be said:

Rich and I dealt with each other earlier this year about building me a bike. Rich goes out and gets the bike, builds it as per a build sheet he sends you that you pick items from. Nowhere did I say that the only policy he had was if you paid all the money up front. I clarified that his policy was that "using your money" is faster than "using shop money" to build a bike, so paying as much as possible as soon as possible is typically the best way of doing things.

and as far as builds go, i don't know how rich approaches the builds of other people, but with mine, he was going to go out, get the bike, and build it - the cost of the donor bike was included in the 3,500 dollar price.

for a couple weeks he and i went back and forth over the phone and via e-mail about getting a bike settled on to start the build, and in the process i found a complete bike for a better deal and decided to take that. as soon as i had the bike in my driveway, i gave rich a call and told him that i'd rather not wait the 8 weeks to get my bike. (had i done so, i would have been schedule to pick my bike up in 3 days, June 16th).

Let me make it clear, once again, that i have never purchased anything from rich. My interactions with him were laid back and pleasant, and he seemed like a straight shooter.

HOWEVER, rich, now that i've cleared that up, let me start by saying that you this isn't how you do things. A gentleman on here claimed the following:

1. That he paid you $3500+ dollars to build him a bike. That he and you negotiated a price and date upon which the build would be completed. That both of you entered into a contract that would legally bind both of you to these negotiations. It doesn't matter when he paid you, all that matters here is 3500 bucks left his hands and came to yours.

2. That you were 8 weeks late on the build, that you've given him no correspondence by ignoring his e-mails and phone calls.

3. That when you finally got in touch with him, you informed him that you would not be refunding all of his money, that his money had already been spent on other things, and that after you sold your tools, you'd compensate him with 2,000 dollars and a "box full of parts."

Can you confirm or refute any of this man's claims?

What parts are you including with the 2,000 dollar refund to this man? Are they worth at least 1,500 dollars? Are they new or used? Are they parts that this man ordered as per the build sheet that you undoubtedly send him (because it's the same sheet you send to all your customers)?

Where is his money? Was it used on his bike, or was it used to pay your mortgage and provide for your family?

Why are you declining him his right to a full refund for breech of contract?

DID you breech the contract?

Are you the person advertising $500 engine rebuilds on Craigslist right now? Any year, any model, any motor? Because you're the only person I know in new jersey that, aside from doing full motor rebuilds, also sells "kit bikes" for xs650 bobbers.

I am not going into deatails and by saying i recieved money doesn't matter. Its what i offered and what was said and refused.

Someone said i ask for all the money up front WRONG!!!!

PAY IN FULL AND GET BIKE IN 10 WEEKS because i use your money up front and order all the parts right away Bike is done as fast as parts come in.

I AM IN NO WAY PERFECT and have faults and only had a couple bikes left to build then i was DONE building for people. TOO MUCH OF A HASSLE LIKE THIS!

wow. you contradict yourself.

This is a "hassle" for you??

I don't know man, you're talking about all kinds of stuff that could be taken out of context in a court of law and being very vague, what else are people supposed to think??

all those questions deserve answers because they're all logical, rational, and important.

This is a fun thread. Maybe the story goes like this. Daddy G has $3500 in parts and labor into the bike but it isn't done yet. Customer will not pay the (est.) $1000 extra in labor, paint, powder coat...that the bike still needs. Daddy G says come and get the bike, it's in peices.

It could also be. Customer pays what he thinks will have the bike finished and Daddy G has the money but needs more so starts other projects for other paying customers. Daddy thinks, "Why should I work on this biike for free instead of making more money?" Future money always gets more work than past money.

Both senerios happen all the time. (and I can't spell either).

Cant afford to pay the guy his money, but CAN afford to hire an attorney. You sound like a douche bag to me... He hasn't indicated a lawsuit of any kind, but yet you have already lawyered up? Sounds like a guilty conscience.

I have done a bit of business myself... asking for the money to cover parts isn't odd or strange. However, asking for labor costs upfront is a little shady.

I wish i could say something nice about DADDYGCYCLES......I had a deal with rich AKA...DAGGYGCYCLES.....i gave him a down payment in his house.. sitting at his kitchen table...signed all the paper work...like i was in a lawyers office... ohh.. this is when he use to live on staten island, ny....then 4 months go by.... no bike...then he explaines he is moving to NJ to open a bigger shop and my bike is next to be finished.... Capemay NJ...thats the end of the world to travel for me...Then each week he would send me pictures with updates on the bike for about 4 weeks.....then one day...he tells me...the bike he is building for me has no title and because hes a nice guy...he wants out of our deal.. some way...thank god.. I waited another 4 weeks and got my downpayment back......his NY number is disconnected...last NJ number i had was 609-703-3042...rich seems like a nice guy when u meet him...and he has bike building skills...but there seems to be a lot of drama involved with him.....he does a lot of sales on flebay and CL...GOOD LUCK BRO....I hope you get your money back...

Last edited:
I wish i could say something nice about DADDYGCYCLES......I had a deal with rich AKA...DAGGYGCYCLES.....i gave him a down payment in his house.. sitting at his kitchen table...signed all the paper work...like i was in a lawyers office... ohh.. this is when he use to live on staten island, ny....then 4 months go by.... no bike...then he explaines he is moving to NJ to open a bigger shop and my bike is next to be finished.... Capemay NJ...thats the end of the world to travel for me...Then each week he would send me pictures with updates on the bike for about 4 weeks.....then one day...he tells me...the bike he is building for me has no title and because hes a nice guy...he wants out of our deal.. some how...thank god.. I waited another 4 weeks to get my downpayment back......his NY number is disconnected...last NJ number i had was 609-703-3042...rich seems like a nice guy when u meet him...and he has bike building skills...but there seems to be alot of drama.....he does alot sales on flebay and CL...GOOD LUCK BRO....
That right there shows a pattern that should be immediately visible to all ... starts to build then realizes he can't get a title :wtf: either move your shop to a state that doesn't require a title (Maine or New Hampshire ... others?) or make sure you have a title before you start to work. I am wondering if this is the case (no title) in Franks build and that is why DaddyG stopped working :confused: All I know is I DON'T take money until the job is done. (I am an auto mechanic and do a lot of side work) I have only done one paying bike job and long story short I got a free suzuki because the owner decided he would rather not pay for the work. I find if I have my own money invested it is easier to file a mechanic's lien and hold the bike, car, truck etc until I get paid. And if I don't get paid in 30 days of notification I can file paperwork with the state to get legal ownership. :thumbsup:

Now that I have had my say I still don't see the harm in telling your side of the story DaddyG. IMHO by not saying anything and hiding behind a lawyer you are admitting to the community that is xs650.com that you just may be in the wrong. I still would like to give the benefit of the doubt here but without a rebuttal from you it makes me think Frank is right. :shrug:

Speaking from personal experience it does not take very much at all to accumulate $3500 in lawyer fees. If it were not for my fiancé being a lawyer I could have spent a small fortunes in the past just to get people to pay money that they already owed. Being that this dispute is under 5k it could go to small claims, but hiring a lawyer over $3500, I really don't see it being worth the time and effort and expense, even if you try to include lawyer fees into your claim. This sounds like something that probably could have been handled in person, but people seem to avoid conflict more and more these days....

does this thread make my ass look fat ?

donkey.jpg

Last edited:
I think the people involved in this thread just wanted to spend there hard working money on a nice ride and get what was promised to them...$3,500 is not a lot of money....but its a lot to get scewed out of... who wants to go to court or deal with a jerkoff......even if you get all of your money back....who needs the drama..one of the the best things about this forum.. is that it will expose the bad guys and say "thank you" to the good guys....after reading this thread...its not hard to figure out whats going on........

If this was me I think I would just get a loan and get the parts and work night and day to finish the bike, or I would get a loan and pay they guy his 3500.00 and work night and day to pay back the bank or loan shark or whatever.

When you put your name out there as a business you need to take care of that name. Going to court is bs on something like this.

They don't need me to lock the thread in order for them to not say anymore.. If they don't want to say anymore, don't click reply :shrug:

Gotta love this guy.

We are all adults, the mods don't need to lock anything, being a motorcycle crowd I am sure that most of us are AGAINST censorship.

Its Drew daddy ! I am laughing my ass off ! You are such a loser pay this guy back . I am sure he can work out payments with a good shop alot will . Hell 3500.00 he needs to watch ebay .

DADDY, why not let your customer know what is going on every week or two with the build? Keep customers in the loop it's their bike your building and they want it as soon as possible. Communication is key, you being in buisness for so long should know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back