Attention ( DADDY G CYCLES ) scammed $3500 from me DON't TRUST HIM...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't see his rebuttal? It's right up there ^

No I'm stating that he should absolutely respond here in the open or resolve this issue privately ASAP.

Also, to the OP if he has any correspondence to and from Rich. That would help his case quite a bit.

I'm pretty skeptical and something sounds fishy about this new guy's rant. Maybe things could have gone better, but frankly this guy sounds pretty annoying, so who knows what the truth is. Looking forward to what Rich has to say about this, but i respect it if he'd rather handle it privately.

That aside, NEVER EVER EVER EVER pay 100% up front for a service that has not been completed. This goes for everything from landscaping to websites. Just Don't Do It.

as someone who nearly bought a bike from Daddy G, that's what his policy is. He said, "bikes get done a lot quicker if i use your money instead of shop money. the faster i have the money in my hands, the faster i can start ordering parts." (mind you, this isn't a direct quote, but it might as well be... if i could find the exact e-mail i'd gladly disclose it)

as someone who nearly bought a bike from Daddy G, that's what his policy is. He said, "bikes get done a lot quicker if i use your money instead of shop money. the faster i have the money in my hands, the faster i can start ordering parts." (mind you, this isn't a direct quote, but it might as well be... if i could find the exact e-mail i'd gladly disclose it)

WTF? that's just a strange business motto, i understand leaving a deposit that will cover some if not all of the expense for the parts ordered but paying everything upfront ? Havent heard of that one before.
Does anyone out there actually have a bike built by him??

It's better to remain silent and let people think you are a scammer than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

^+1

^^
+10000000

Couldnt have said it any better...

And BigJimmy- It says ALOT that he was STILL advertising builds, and hardtails four days ago... While he knows all of this is going on. And saying "you dont know the "hole" story" Is not much of a stand for yourself. Which he knows, if he opens his mouth he will only incriminate himself.

^^
+10000000

Couldnt have said it any better...

And BigJimmy- It says ALOT that he was STILL advertising builds, and hardtails four days ago... While he knows all of this is going on. And saying "you dont know the "hole" story" Is not much of a stand for yourself. Which he knows, if he opens his mouth he will only incriminate himself.

Once again, no dispute. I am not taking one side or the other. I was actually putting it out there that Rich should dispute this claim if there is more to the story. Otherwise the worst will be thought of him and he will only be losing not gaining in my opinion.

If this were untrue why the F dosnt this dude say some thing?!?!? A business person that was not guilty or even if he was you think would try to save some face with his potential customers! I dont know, sounding or lack there of, more and more guilty as the days pass. Or just really bad business.

Sorry guys can't comment per conversation with my lawyer.

MAX
You and your Father wanted me to go buy a bike with my money before you even wanted me to build you a bike so you new you had a bike.. Then you bought a bike and called me to help you fix it so lets not make me the bad guy here MAX.

Guys when this is all over i will be glad to post the out come and you can rag on me as much as you want. I sold 16 bikes last year and 8 this year and NO he did not pay in full it was over three months in small payments.
Sorry again guys and i did speak to Travis and told him not to pull this
I am a big boy and been in business a very long time and you have to know when to shut up if its going to court.

ok this is just too weird.

First of all if your lawyer advised you to not comment it generally means cease all communication with the plaintiff (which in this case as far as we know this hasn't even gotten to courts). However you're contradicting your "lawyer's" recommendation by responding to this with any sort of reply.
You have not addressed the $3500 claim in your response except for stating "he did not pay in full but in small payments over 3 months", so you're publically aknowledging receiving payment for services however you're not addressing what type of services, if any at all, were performed.
Based on the information you've provided (or lack of) if they guy who claims you ripped him off was to actually retain legal council and file charges he would actually do this in a criminal court considering that this is over 2000 dollars and can be treated as theft/larceny which is a felony in all states as far as i know.

Private Law 101.

There are no mention of a law suit in the original post and i dont know where Frank lives but assuming it is not in the state of PA or NJ which are the 2 states that you operate out of, it may be kind of a pain to pursue a law suit. So yeah strange stuff, i'm not sure why you're willing to reveal vague info about this if there is a law suit present. Its generally all or nothing.

Yes I'm a new guy and yes I don't know either party...with that said you guys want to flame Daddy G for his grammar but the OP couldn't use a paragraph to save his ass.

Secondly details...Daddy can't post details. He's probably lawyering up if this is indeed a case where he will be fighting for damages/slander/libel through the OP's first post. Like some of you said this could ruin Daddy's business. Therefore I think he's getting his ducks in a row and getting this taken care of ASAP now that it hit the fan.

I'm reserving judgement til we hear more.

ETA: Secondly if Daddy is indeed in the wrong I'm guessing he lawyer would advise him to pull all postings of items for sale, etc which I don't believe he has done. Lastly I remember a few posts from browsing the forums where Daddy was complaining about waiting from suppliers for hard tails/etc no being delivered and made him tied up w/ customer builds b/c the parts he needed to order were not coming in, in a timely fashion....

Yes I'm a new guy and yes I don't know either party...with that said you guys want to flame Daddy G for his grammar but the OP couldn't use a paragraph to save his ass.

Secondly details...Daddy can't post details. He's probably lawyering up if this is indeed a case where he will be fighting for damages/slander/libel through the OP's first post. Like some of you said this could ruin Daddy's business. Therefore I think he's getting his ducks in a row and getting this taken care of ASAP now that it hit the fan.

you joined yesterday and this is the first topic that you felt compelled to reply to?
hmmmm, ok, i'll bite.

Daddy G did post details, such as receiving money from the OP.
Online damages,libel and slander in a public forum is a no win case in this situation.
I would be surprised if his business is actually registered in PA/NJ.
I'm doubting all of this.

Not taking sides either, but I have spent cash with Daddy G and got my goods prompt and exactly as stated. He actually gave more than I asked for.

I think the best lesson here is shit goes south every once in a while and bad shit happens. I don't know of a single business that hasn't had it's share of hard times, f*ck ups, bad clients or just strange crap happening. Once this all gets sorted, which I hope it does and promptly and in favor of both sides, I think we will all feel better and see things a little clearer.

The more important thing to me is that Daddy G comes out either now or post court and explains his side. If he messed up, he messed up. Everyone does. Good on him for owning it and letting the xs650.com community know the deal. If he didn't, then we should start a flame thread for the OP :cheers:

...just had to chime in...

I wouldn't depend on your grammar to save your ass if I were you!! Pretty funny for a first post.

ETA: Secondly if Daddy is indeed in the wrong I'm guessing he lawyer would advise him to pull all postings of items for sale, etc which I don't believe he has done. Lastly I remember a few posts from browsing the forums where Daddy was complaining about waiting from suppliers for hard tails/etc no being delivered and made him tied up w/ customer builds b/c the parts he needed to order were not coming in, in a timely fashion....

As stated by most, Im also doing my best to reserve until I hear it all or as much as possible.. But what makes me wonder is that DaddyG admitted to receiving payments from the OP a single payment, or payments over a period, He recieved payment with no work or parts to show for it.. Fishy.

Meh! My first post was in the Off Topic section but they don't count posts there. I've been lurking for awhile now. This thread was on top after I did my intro post. So I responded. I could care less about grammar, just noting the hypocrisy of the guys jumping on Daddy G for his grammar.

Secondly I work in a federal prison, I don't need grammar to save my ass, and my first post in this topic was more than legible to those even w/ English not as their native language.

But I do look fwd to seeing how this turns out.

WOW!!
So many XS 650 LAWYERS
I cannot get into detail SORRY but you would be amased how much a internet thread like this helps or hurts a case when it goes to court and this is not the first or last i am sure person that will like or dislike my builds or my way of building.I am not going into deatails and by saying i recieved money doesn't matter. Its what i offered and what was said and refused.
Someone said i ask for all the money up front WRONG!!!!
When someone asks for a bike to be built and not just a XS650 I have payment plans that you can get on. NOBODY OFFERS THAT ASK THEM.
PAY IN FULL AND GET BIKE IN 10 WEEKS because i use your money up front and order all the parts right away Bike is done as fast as parts come in.
Give deposit then pay little at a time it may take 4 to 6 months to get a bike done
I have built bikes that have taken a year to build
I AM IN NO WAY PERFECT and have faults and only had a couple bikes left to build then i was DONE building for people. TOO MUCH OF A HASSLE LIKE THIS!

DADDY, I haven't the slighest ideas about how you and the OP should handle this through your lawyers but I would ask the mods/staff to lock the thread and but not delete it. That way neither you nor the OP states anymore than you should. (That is if you truly are lawyering up and going to court with this)

They don't need me to lock the thread in order for them to not say anymore.. If they don't want to say anymore, don't click reply :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back