Been lurkin around for a while

Fings369

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Well I got one of them xsssses had it now for a few years.
Got it worked on (i.e. pamco, pma, cleaned carbs, rode around the block, etc.) stripped it down and took it to get welded now she's in limbo, because I couldn't let it sit any longer

Here's a teaser ordered a gas tank today..
I'll post how awesome or horrible it looks when Santa comes by

What do you meen you had it worked on? dont youhave hands? How much you pay to get it to run around the block?.
You dont need anyone but us.
Join us.
become us.
welcome.

Thanks, it was a big dream of mine to get an xs650 and turn it into a chopper, I bought an obnoxious springer and dreamed big, but after having it sit in someone's shop for 2 years I had to start shopping around getting quotes elsewhere. Can't seem to find anyone interested in doing the work locally, so her plans are taking a sharp turn

Pull up a seat if you'd like

You dont need anyone but us.
Join us.
become us.
welcome.

full

I'm getting the heebeejeebee's again...

Oh and I did all the little stuff i just can't weld we haven't broken the bank yet

Hi Fings,
betcha it'd cost a grand or more to get a professional welder to do all the work you need done.
For that kinda money you could buy a reasonable quality MIG welding machine, a self-darkening helmet and a cheap 14" chopsaw.
All it takes to weld is read the book to get the proper settings and learn the proper technique and then practice, practice, practice.
Go to a scrapyard and buy a bunch of used steel tubing about the same size and wall thickness as the tube on a bike frame.
Chop and weld that stuff into garden ornaments, trash can stands, bicycle racks, whatever, until you can weld good enough to put a frame together.
Fizz your practice work over with bright colored paint and sell it off at yard sales just to get rid of it and see some of your money back.
Once you can weld, what can stop you completing your build?

Put it together and ride it as it is. When you can afford to get the work done or learn to weld your self, then chop it.
Enjoy it.
Leo

Back