Big piston kit ebay?

when I did my 6th over, that gave me a 680cc, and was under the impression that any thinner of cylinders would be weak, and overheat. You may wan to find a complete kit with new matching cylinders.

runs awesome. easy kick. starts second kick. after a few hundred miles, I checked compression with stock cam, Im at 150 both cylinders. Head shop shaved the head to flatten it out.May have bumped up comp some.
running bs34's with xsjohn needles. cant remember what brass I have in the carbs, got those cheap ass shorty glasspacks on the ends of hacked off stock headers, 18 tooth front 34 rear sprockets, takes off surprisingly quick for 18tooth rear.
I got my kit from mikes xs.com. They don't sell the 6th over anymore. they just sell 4th over.
Get a kit. then take the parts to a shop and have them check the parts to make sure they play together nice. The shop I went to had a guy that was soft on xs's, so 50$ got me new valve seats, head shave, and he mic'ed the cylinders to match the pistons/ rings. It was my first rebuild, and I am very happy. Now the rest of the bike....that's a different story. But rat rods are suppose to be loud and fast, rite?

There was an earlier thread on these guys with some close up pics after the pistons had been bought. All indications were they were good quality, (good enough), maybe not racing pistons but good for the average runner.

Their feed back has some concerns, but the price gives Mikes a run for his money.

I had one of the old Wiseco 78mm kits in mine, I've ran it for about 6 years now, some people are worried about how much wall was left on the bores with 78mm pistons, mine are still fine, the crank and rods aren't but everything else is.

Angus, 680 on the stock cylinders. I was thinking 700+ not sure exactly, or 12th over was the max on stock cylinders.
Leo

78mm is the maximum you can put on standard liners, mine were fine and still are, they have been abused quite a bit, hence the crank has gone, but the liners are still good.

706 ? or 8 over is what i have done twice . I was a litle squeemish about the wall thickness too but they both died for other reasons . Neglect and terminal velocity followed by a sudden stop . both became 750s after their untimely demise . The pistons are as far as I can tell are http://tkrj.co.jp/ with the exact link PISTON KIT for YAMAHA AY1200X Look I've only been doing this for four decades but the pistons look like they were made (cast anyway) on old ART dies . Right down to the crosshatch area on the underside of the dome . No idea where the rings come from

!kop

Back