blowing oil

I like to look more positively. There were lot's of failures that made the price low. I fixed all those. :)

I'll try the easy fixes first, that's why i opened this topic.:D
if they don't help, i can always do a top end revision.
I hope the stretch the revision another 5k miles or so, this autumn i hope to own a garage. I don't want to open the engine and leave a half open engine standing in the dutch rain.:umm:

But I already got some very usefull tips, thanks!:thumbsup:

A lot of us use a power brake valve. It's the valve that plug into the power brake canister behind the brake master cylinder of your car. It runs over to a port on the intake manifold.
I'll post a pic. We on this side of the pond find them at the car parts stores, right on the HELP! rack. Item # 80190

Leo

Attachments

• LostFile_JPG_65018528.jpg
    LostFile_JPG_65018528.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 101
Mine makes funny noises. The Power Brake valve that is...

yesterday I ordered a valve for the carter vent. (and lots of other stuff, that's worn out on my bike).

Today I torqued all the cylinder in head bolds to spec, also changed the oil for a 20W50 as prescribed in the manual. (a bit thicker than the 10W40 that used to be in there).
Some of the head bolds were quit loose! :( And one of the engine mount bolds is stripped.

As soon as that's fixed, I'll take it for a spin! :)

I added a picture of my bougie, that doesn't look to bad to me. (in, it's not totally black) What do you think?
But maybe that's because the motor is leaning out a bit at stationary. I think the previous owner never adjusted the carbs. after changing the air cleaners.

Attachments

• bougie.jpg
    bougie.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 111
yeah they show a lean mixture but then they are so cruddy its hard to tell. Once the engine is warmed up reset the idle mixture screws and that will tell you if you need to go up a size on your pilots.

If you are keeping those plugs they need a good clean up.... gapping correctly and file the ground electrode to a nice sharp straight edge. Sparks love a nice sharp jump off point.;)

Sounds like you might be lucky with the head retorque and cure the oil leak /crankcase pressure issue

Back