Bobber Build

Lol, the tabs are for the rear fender/brake arm.

Here are some daylight pics, my phone takes shitty pics when its dark.
utf-8BSU1HMDA0MzAtMjAxMTA2MTAtMDczNy5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA0MzEtMjAxMTA2MTAtMDczOC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA0MzItMjAxMTA2MTAtMDczOC5qcGc.jpg

Did you use a jig or have the motor in, when you welded the tail on? I'm thinking how to best keep mine square…….
Are you going to grind/shape the tabs?
My fender has 1" clearance between the the rear tubes, I was expecting a tighter fit. So I will have to come up with other ways of mounting.
No rake?

Looks like you are progressing steadily!

No jig, no motor, just hoped for the best... It didnt work, haha. I ended up having to oval out some holes to get all my engine mounts in.

Yes, tonight/tomorrow I will be doing the finish touches on the frame(cleaning my welds, grinding tabs, smoothing out grinder marks, ect.)

Mine has about the same, since im using my stock front fender I had to flaten it out a bit.

No rake, but next winter when I rephase my motor mabey I will rake it a bit. Wish I would have done it this time, but oh well.

maybe its just my eyes.........Dude, you need to re-jig that frame....have a look at your photos. Where the tail meets the original bottom tubes is "on the piss". That is one of the reasons you had to redo your mount holes..not trying to burst your bubble but its a fair way off...

I think its just the way the pic is, not sure what your seeing, but it looks like the frame bows up where it was welded together to me, and that is just the picture, it is flat in person. Ad the holes were not too far off, only 1 was just a litle off.

If your Goin to rake it, do it now. Cover the motor to protect from welds if you dont want to take it out again. Otherwise you have to repowdercoat or paint the frame both times.

Powdercoat... That's the other thing I'm gonna do to the frame next year. Just rattle can this year to save $

Well got the frame and forks painted, been working on wiring, ugh... Almost there though, got the carbs rebuilt today at work, new jets, adjusted fuel screws(PITA!!!), and got hopefully the last of my parts needed to make it run.

And what update would be complete without pics.

Fresh paint:
utf-8BSU1HMDA0NDItMjAxMTA2MTYtMjE0My5qcGc.jpg

My wiring mess:
utf-8BSU1HMDA0NDMtMjAxMTA2MTYtMjE0NC5qcGc.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDA0NDQtMjAxMTA2MTYtMjE0NC5qcGc.jpg

And my wiring diagrams:
utf-8BSU1HMDA0NDUtMjAxMTA2MTYtMjE0NC5qcGc.jpg

Oh and one of the end result of stuck fuel screws:
utf-8BSU1HMDA0NTUtMjAxMTA2MTctMTc0NC5qcGc.jpg

Got the wiring done, and engine in(only had to touchup paint like 4 spots, lol)! Just waitin on tank and fender to get back from paint! Yea buddy, gonna ride it before next weekend!

utf-8BMTAwTUVESUE5NUlNQUcwNTU5LmpwZw.jpg

Got tank and fender back, im very happy with how it turned out!

Also got new phone/camera, enjoy the better pics:thumbsup:

IMAG0002.jpg

Well here is how it sits now, im just waiting on my right side cover seals from mikes, they will be here tuesday. Im pretty sure thats all I need, so hopefully I ride it to work wednesday!

IMAG0006.jpg

IMAG0007.jpg

I will run stock for a bit, untill lowbrow gets there 5 3/4 black ones back in stock that is... Then I will order one of those.

looks awesome great job on the build I am just now starting mine there are so many ideas floating in my head ha ha ha

Back