bought me an xs650 eh

Tracker13

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Well, i have been sifting through information on this site for some time now. So i figured it was time to make a post and say hi. I bought this 1980 xs650 in the fall and figured I'd change a couple things and fix it up as i rode it, who are we kidding. My whole intention was to build a street tracker, and i got hooked. My step father raced back in the day so I grew up at the track and in his shop. So i had taken a couple things apart, and go figure i was soon down to the frame, so here are a few pics as long as i can get them to work, cause we all know a post without pics isn't hardly worth a post.

Attachments

• A1980xs650.jpg
    A1980xs650.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 127
  • Anewbikeback.jpg
    Anewbikeback.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 117
  • Aradianswingarm.jpg
    Aradianswingarm.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 139
  • Azippedafewtabs.jpg
    Azippedafewtabs.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 115
  • Aframepaint.jpg
    Aframepaint.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 145
  • Aforkwheelmock.jpg
    Aforkwheelmock.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 152
Are you building a motor to match the superior job you have done so far? Looks like you will have some stock parts left over!
I'm working on an XS in Durham Region.

thus far for the motor I have only rebuilt the top end, and painted the whole thing satin black with all the fins cleaned off and polished. Next winter the motor will get tricked out. I'm in london, we'll have to go for a ride come spring, so long as it all comes together lol

I have a fond hope that I will have an XS ready for spring, realistically the dresser will be the go to machine.

Welcome Tracker13, I grew up just south of London and still miss the great lakes :-(. These bikes are addictive and looks like you are getting in deep. You have a great XS parts place just beside you in Stratford.

Back