Brart style pictures needed

I don't believe that bratstyle makes a weld on seat rail kit. I contacted them and asked. They make one for the SR500 though.

If you're looking to do your own hit up your buddies who work at fab shops or hit up the local hot rod or racing shops. As long as they have the dye's most of them are more willing to do it for cheap or for beer. Problem is you'll want dyes that range from 3/4", 7/8", 1" and about a 4-5" radius bend works nice.

Tha Japanees bike were nice but didn't do it for me.

Wish we had a hot rod/race shop around here.... I live in Norway and not too much of that stuff going on.

Heres a side shot of a bike Im finishing up now. It's for sale (shameless plug). It shows the kit on a side shot as requested.
[/IMG]
Heres another I built last year
[/IMG]
and another one of mine from 2 years ago
[/IMG]

Visual Impact
www.visualimpact2.com

Brat Kit

OK since you are the man when it comes to the brat kit VI offers, I figured I would ask you. I have been reading up on the installation on your web site. Real well explained and it "looks" easy enough to install. What I am woundering about is the shocks you recommend for the best ride. When sticking to a swing arm bike you might as well aim for the best ride possible right? or at lease the best ride for your bucks.

Of'couse Stock shocks can be used with as the mentioned a bit recocation, wicj is no prob... but how do they ride compared to the progressive type you mentioned.

Thanks for taking the time answering all me silly questions.
:thumbsup:

PS Amazing bikes by the way

Attachments

• build4nfabpics061.jpg
    build4nfabpics061.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 3
  • wickedsoul012.jpg
    wickedsoul012.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 4
  • miscpics026.jpg
    miscpics026.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 3
The progressive shocks are hands down my favorite shock model 412. You can find them in many lengths as well. 12 inch is on the pagan gold bike in the pic. They are way nicer of a ride then stock with the kit you can set it up to run any shock you want including stock. I personally never ran any rebel shocks so I can't testify to the ride but for me 100 for a used set of 412 progressives and the ride of a Cadillac sure as hell beats stock any day. Pm me if u have any other questions. Sometimes I can't get the time to read here and won't see peoples questions.

here's the one I built for my wife (her aesthetic design, based on bratstyles' bikes, combined with my knowhow and limited skills)

165895_3897747495775_1291229482_n.jpg

love the bike Capt'n but I'm way more impressed with the amount of garbage one family can produce in a week lol :eek:

Over here we'd get fined and imprisoned if we put out that much garbage.:D

On a less serious note are you at all concerned about the amount of exposed chain ?:)

thouse garbage bags are full of the origianls XS parts he has taken off the bike !
:)

The progressive shocks are hands down my favorite shock model 412. You can find them in many lengths as well. 12 inch is on the pagan gold bike in the pic. They are way nicer of a ride then stock with the kit you can set it up to run any shock you want including stock. I personally never ran any rebel shocks so I can't testify to the ride but for me 100 for a used set of 412 progressives and the ride of a Cadillac sure as hell beats stock any day. Pm me if u have any other questions. Sometimes I can't get the time to read here and won't see peoples questions.

You are PMed ! :yikes:

Here's a few new shots with the inverted forks and glass master cylinder brake setup with the finger throttle. Plenty of room to comfortably finger throttle and brake.
530193_446428095409862_1564692750_n.jpg

Hey Jon, that kicks ass, thanks for posting the pictures.
I predict kit sales are going to go through the roof real soon.
People just need a complete bike out there to drool over...LOL.

Cheers

love the bike Capt'n but I'm way more impressed with the amount of garbage one family can produce in a week lol :eek:

Over here we'd get fined and imprisoned if we put out that much garbage.:D

On a less serious note are you at all concerned about the amount of exposed chain ?:)

Haha. I finished the bike just days before we were moving. Moved from Minnesota to Baton Rouge Louisiana. That's like a tenth of the garbage we had of old parts, and other stuff we left. I should have just gotten a dumpster but our neighbors were nice enough to let us use their garbage cans as well for 2 weeks. We still had an extra 10 or so bags of trash. Amazing the crap you accumulate over the course of 5 or so years. Insane amounts of cardboard.

As far as the Chain goes...I bought her a new high quality 520 chain. I originally fabbed up a chain guard but it interfered with the rear shock so it was scrapped. I plan on replacing the chain about every 5-8k just for safety rather than run them to the limits. The manufacturer says I should get 20k our of the chain.

Here is the beginning of my build. Im still using the factory seat rail location. I plan to relocate the battery under the frame and push the rear of the seat rails down a bit to lower the seat.

20121026151245784.jpg

Last edited:
Back