British XS650'ers

Didn't a British marine set a record in Afganistan using one of those while protecting a supply route, distance exceeding 2 miles?

Not quite 2 miles, but the article is below. Incredible shots.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...ecord-kills-target-1-5-miles-article-1.444566

This is the basic chassis that was used, although his would have been with Royal Army specifications applied, which change it up some.

http://www.accuracyinternational.com/ax338.php

The receiver ergonomics are the same. It's a Barrett M98B .338 Lapua. but we shoot some AR type stuff too.

Attachments

• 20131027_123632.jpg
    20131027_123632.jpg
    316.3 KB · Views: 158
  • 20131027_123639.jpg
    20131027_123639.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 160
^Long ago I had a friend who was a gunsmith and he had a single shot .50. It was before you could buy them or before they were very common at least. I can't remember if he made it or bought it and I can't remember exactly what it looked like, but I just remember it looked very strange, like a giant sporting gun. I'm pretty sure it was somebody's custom job. He wanted to get on two different mountains with walkie talkies and shoot targets but we never got around to it.

I saw this somewhere once and saved it because it contradicts every stereotype of the ar15 in one picture.

full

^Long ago I had a friend who was a gunsmith and he had a single shot .50. It was before you could buy them or before they were very common at least. I can't remember if he made it or bought it and I can't remember exactly what it looked like, but I just remember it looked very strange, like a giant sporting gun. I'm pretty sure it was somebody's custom job. He wanted to get on two different mountains with walkie talkies and shoot targets but we never got around to it.

I took my Steyr SSG up to Kentucky to my parent's place a couple of times and we shot ridge to ridge with it, but that's only around 300 yards up in Morgan County. Toilet tanks and lids are really good targets with a .308.

Attachments

• burro002%20060.JPG
    burro002%20060.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 179
We're used to it,stories like this crop up regularily. ..The social services here are scary as hell for being too over the top meddling like this or completely missing abuse!
:shrug:

^The weirdest thing is she wasn't even a citizen. Just there for a business meeting or something.

About a dozen years ago, I heard a legal group explain that children are legally considered to be 'wards' of the state, and the parents have the 'responsibility' to care for and raise them.

Personally, I'm uncomfortable with any system that delegates 'responsibility' and not 'authority'....

Back