BS34 Float Help

BS34 shaft layup 2.png

BS34 shaft layup 3.png

EDIT: Replaced pic below to reflect corrected order.

BS34 shaft layup 6.png

Attachments

• BS34 shaft layup 4.png
    BS34 shaft layup 4.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:
You have both springs reversed. The bent end should face out and hook into the linkage bracket or cable arm .....

MamXbjn.jpg

You also seem to be missing the lock washer for under the nut on the throttle cable bracket. Here's the order for those parts .....

KZeLaFc.jpg

Someone can double check me, but I'm pretty sure that's the correct order.
Sorry, not tearing a good set apart to verify. :sneaky:

You have both springs reversed. The bent end should face out and hook into the linkage bracket or cable arm .....
Apparently there's some variances' in the springs used. There's no bent/hook end on either of these springs.
Yes, forgot the lock washer.

PXL_20210909_165847049.jpg

Yes, that pic I posted is BS38 parts. Their spring has a hook bent in one end. The BS34s don't, only having a long straight and short bent end. The short bent end goes out and hooks into the bracket.

The BS34s don't, only having a long straight and short bent end. The short bent end goes out and hooks into the bracket.
That's the way I'm showing 'em in my pics... short bent end facing out. Are you trying to say something else or are we on the same page?

We're on the same page. And your revised left outside pic is good too. The slotted washer is always under the cable arm, then the lock washer and nut on the outside. If you don't have that slotted washer inside the cable arm, it's tab won't align correctly with the adjuster screw.

Really??!!! I'd certainly have gotten that wrong without your help. My brain is trained that the solid side always goes out.
Inside the carb is vacuum/low pressure. That sucks the edges of the cup tight against shaft and body.
With any cupped seal, the open cup always faces the higher pressure. In this case, standard atmospheric pressure is the higher one.

Back