buildin' me a tracker

Well, I have the kind of luck, that splitting that chain for install would lead to a disaster later. I'd bite the bullet and split the bottom end. Is it common practice to split the chain on a 650?

If you go to Mikes XS and look at the cam chains you'll find master links made by the chain companys for their chain. There is also a nice tool for breaking & riveting the chain.

Jim

It's the only way to change it if you're not splitting the cases.

Pregrid,
Got the top of the engine cleaned up
XSTRACKERBUILDFRAMEONTABLE13-11-11012.jpg
[/IMG]

XSTRACKERBUILDFRAMEONTABLE13-11-11004.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG]

XSTRACKERBUILDFRAMEONTABLE13-11-11005.jpg
[/IMG]

Attaboy! Lookin' good.
Coupla questions:
What kind of shocks are you using? They look good.
why do the areas around the valves look dark?

Attaboy! Lookin' good.
Coupla questions:
What kind of shocks are you using? They look good.
why do the areas around the valves look dark?

shocks,
Got a choice either a pair of Ohlins or a set like yours Robert has got a few pairs available, Ohlins would be my firast choice.

Area around the valve seats, I have had that area lightly done as I will be re-seating the valves by hand:banghead:,,,,

Leslie more pictures on the United Kingdom site.

shocks,
Got a choice either a pair of Ohlins or a set like yours Robert has got a few pairs available, Ohlins would be my firast choice.

Area around the valve seats, I have had that area lightly done as I will be re-seating the valves by hand:banghead:,,,,

Leslie more pictures on the United Kingdom site.

Got my Borderers on guard

XSTRACKERBUILDFRAMEONTABLE13-11-11014.jpg
[/IMG]

Just in case some one takes a shin:laugh:e to my XS

Ohh, scary!! Are those dogs glued together?
Logged onto the UK site, waiting for approval so's I can see the pics.

Ohh, scary!! Are those dogs glued together?
Logged onto the UK site, waiting for approval so's I can see the pics.

Not glued togther :laugh:, They are nasty little fuckers.

I work them up the woods and on the moor, netting Rabbits they dont really move more than a couple of yards apart,,,,good with the Grandkids aswell.

Leslie

Fantastic and fantastic photo documentation. Working on a "78 Special. Your work is an inspiration. After all plagarism is the most sincere form of flattery. When you powder coated, were you able to preserve the VIN sticker on the headtube, if so how? Our Oregon DMV is totally anal about those. Also, what wiring harness did you use. Advice highly appreciated. Thanks

Fantastic and fantastic photo documentation. Working on a "78 Special. Your work is an inspiration. After all plagarism is the most sincere form of flattery. When you powder coated, were you able to preserve the VIN sticker on the headtube, if so how? Our Oregon DMV is totally anal about those. Also, what wiring harness did you use. Advice highly appreciated. Thanks

Powdercoat is 2 stage, color and clear. VIN (the stamped one) can still be read very easily even through the paint. I peeled off the plastic/paper sticker tho, doubt that even in Oregon you'll need that. It's not realistic that any state could expect THAT to still be intact after 30+ years.

Wiring was done by a friend.

Dave, another dumb question. Which model HF soda blaster did you buy/use? Reviews vary on the several different types. Again sorry to waste your time during this fantastic build.

Dave, another dumb question. Which model HF soda blaster did you buy/use? Reviews vary on the several different types. Again sorry to waste your time during this fantastic build.

First, you're not wasting my time. without this forum answering my endless questions this build would've been much more difficult. I didn't use any of HF's blasters, I made my own, albeit using the air nozzle and baking soda (get the coarsest kind) from HF. Household soda won't work as good By no means does this clean as good as bead blasting but it's the next best thing and it's not so intrusive as glass beads.

Here's how...........

http://www.aircooledtech.com/tools-on-the-cheap/soda_blaster/

Back