My new race tracker build and why this all began...

Thanks for sharing the race video and the story of your friend. Sorry for your loss. Your bike build will be refreshing to watch and very informing. Your race motor sounds like a good combination. I would consider a little more compression ratio 9.5 is a little conservative. Good Luck on race day. :thumbsup:

Howdy Travis! I'm about an hour south of you in Sweeny. I'd love to stop by sometime to talk shop. I'm in Houston fairly regularly.

As much as I love designing and building bikes just because, I love this sort of thing more. Bikes are a means to an end, the relationships they bring, the friendships they grow. Bike builds that have a story and a goal are so much more fun to watch or be a part of, can't wait to see this one come together. The racing is just icing on the cake!

Did you notice at the tail end of Mark's race video, when he rolls to a stop on top the mountain...that's the Gas Monkey Garage C10 parked there and they're filming the show at the same time?

I just caught that...talk about a small world, I watch that show all the time. Particularly enjoyed those Pikes Peak episodes that they did.

Thanks for sharing that video, very cool indeed.

Did you notice at the tail end of Mark's race video, when he rolls to a stop on top the mountain...that's the Gas Monkey Garage C10 parked there and they're filming the show at the same time?

I just caught that...talk about a small world, I watch that show all the time. Particularly enjoyed those Pikes Peak episodes that they did.

Thanks for sharing that video, very cool indeed.

So if you notice the race footage from inside Aaron's car, you'll see a single Team LaNoue #9 Racing sticker on his glove box. Just before the start of his race he said he'd be honored to race with our sticker on his car, he never mentioned where he'd put it on the car. We were all overwhelmed when we saw the episode air for the first time and all the race footage has our sticker in it. Pretty fricken cool!

Mark Shim hamming it up during our mandatory Rookie meeting after we all checked in on day one. Anyone recognize Guy Martin photo bombing Mark?

sdijwl.jpg

That is pretty cool! Guy made a series over here in the UK where he did all sorts of speed things, racing hovercraft, sleds, soapbox car, hill climbing on a bike he built himself(this was done right there at Pike's peak, hence him being in the background!), and a few others. I would love to meet him, he is such a lad! So down to earth and not letting the fame go to his head! And NO FEAR AT ALL!! I guess if you crash at the Isle of man TT races at 190mph and survive, nothing is scary anymore!

Back