buildin' me a tracker

Really anxious to see next step .....any idea when

Not really. Hope to see the engine parts back this week. Bodywork, not sure. I'm not rushing either of these guys, expect the work to reflect that. 'sides, I need to catch up on some maintenence on the Husky, it's been neglected for the last several months.

Got the top end parts back, have all the necessary parts (pistons, rings, cam chain, guides. gaskets. etc.) to put it all back together. Now to catch up on all the around-the-house shit my wife has been so patient about, then I can get back at it.......be a coupla days. You know the saying "If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy":D

yamaharebuild003.jpg

yamaharebuild002.jpg

yamaharebuild001.jpg

Lost a bit of the top cooling fin in shipment, oh well, can't really see it once it's all together and it won't affect cooling at all.

yamaharebuild004.jpg

Dave, how much if any over did you go over? Looks like the bore on the left has 2 scratch's that just did not quite come out? Do you have the broken fin pieces? I've seen that repaired before.

Dave, how much if any over did you go over? Looks like the bore on the left has 2 scratch's that just did not quite come out? Do you have the broken fin pieces? I've seen that repaired before.

1st over, .010". Scratches are from fitting rings. I'm sure there are a coupla ways to repair the broken fins, but they're not gonna change anything, and if I didn't show them to you, you never would see them, even in person. No worries, and it's been long enough! time to get this sucker back on the road.

1st over, .010". Scratches are from fitting rings. I'm sure there are a coupla ways to repair the broken fins, but they're not gonna change anything, and if I didn't show them to you, you never would see them, even in person. No worries, and it's been long enough! time to get this sucker back on the road.
Well your followers will agree, we are waiting to see the finished product.

Gettin' there. Barrel is painted, new pistons and rings installed

yamaharebuild005.jpg

Starter delete done............

yamaharebuild006.jpg

New cam chain and guide installed...........

yamaharebuild007.jpg

Barrel w/pistons goes on tomorrow along with head and other bits...........

Many thanks to Mike at 650 Central for all his help. Apparently there's no question too stupid to ask.
Can't thank you enough Mike, you've made this easy!!

Must be the beer making that last picture a little fuzzy. Great looking work, carry on!

Well, I have the kind of luck, that splitting that chain for install would lead to a disaster later. I'd bite the bullet and split the bottom end. Is it common practice to split the chain on a 650?

Back