Buzzy's revival: '82 Heritage Special

It's been pointed out before... but I'll reiterate.... the Babes and bikes thread is in the "Clubhouse" where it can only be viewed by forum members. Here in the garage, these threads can be viewed by anyone.... member or non-member. It's highly encouraged that full nudity (or any nudity) be confined to the Clubhouse and not out in the open forums where it can be seen by anyone.... including children. As much as I can appreciate the image of the young lady washing a her car, it needs to be deleted from this most public thread.

Last edited:
It's been pointed out before... but I'll reiterate.... the Babes and bikes thread is in the "Clubhouse" where it can only be viewed by forum members. Here in the garage, these threads can be viewed by anyone.... member or non-member. It's highly encouraged that full nudity (or any nudity) be confined to the Clubhouse and not out in the open forums where it can be seen by anyone.... including children. As much as I can appreciate the image of the young lady washing a her car, it needs to be deleted from this most public thread.

Wrist duly slapped and orders fully noted.
I apologise if I offended anyone, and will respect forum rules.

The right side cover arrived and is on the bike now. It's not as pretty as the original but does have characters. Now to ensure it too does not fly away.
20211027_161041.jpg

I did the sniff test on the dipstuck and find no trace of gasoline smell.
20211027_160945.jpg
So the fuel leak is just running out the mouth of tge carb on tge right. I forgot to check tge left.

Now to ensure it too does not fly away.
Your best bet will be to replace the rubber grommets that hold them on. The ones on there are probably hard as metal. Mikes XS carries 'em. Iirc Partzilla and Partshark still has the OEM's.... and I recall seeing that Sumo Rubber has 'em.
Given the choice, I'd shy away from Mikes when it comes to rubber bits... stick with the OEM's or Sumo Rubber. I say Sumo Rubber because they specialize in rubber bits. I've bought from them and like their quality and service.
If that new cover feels loose and sloppy, just leave it off until you get the new rubbers or you might be looking for a third one. :(

I also put the center stand down to give the swing arm a side to side check. It feel quite secure, no play detected. This leads me back to the steering head as a possible issue
Sit on the bike with both stands up... lock the front brake and rock the bike forward and backwards. Feel any play or hear a clicking sound?

Yes, don't buy ANY rubber parts from Mike's. They're all knock-offs and the quality plain sucks, lol. All those side cover grommets are still available from Yamaha but be aware that the parts drawing is in error about the number of each one you'll need and where they go.

Sit on the bike with both stands up... lock the front brake and rock the bike forward and backwards. Feel any play or hear a clicking sound?
No play and no clicking sound. I do have excessive fork travel which I am still wondering if there is any fluid left in the tubes. I wonder if that is causing the tight feel on turn ins.

No play and no clicking sound. I do have excessive fork travel which I am still wondering if there is any fluid left in the tubes. I wonder if that is causing the tight feel on turn ins.
The OE bearings are susceptible to brinnelling. Notchy steering is the tell. The steering will try to stay straight.

Your best bet will be to replace the rubber grommets that hold them on. The ones on there are probably hard as metal. Mikes XS carries 'em. Iirc Partzilla and Partshark still has the OEM's.... and I recall seeing that Sumo Rubber has 'em.
Given the choice, I'd shy away from Mikes when it comes to rubber bits... stick with the OEM's or Sumo Rubber. I say Sumo Rubber because they specialize in rubber bits. I've bought from them and like their quality and service.
If that new cover feels loose and sloppy, just leave it off until you get the new rubbers or you might be looking for a third one. :(
I ordered the grommets and a lower side cover (they did not have both) from PartShark.

That somewhat describes this bike. Once I get the roll going into the corner, it is ok. But getting the bike off center is a slight struggle.
Replace the ball bearings with tapered roller bearings is the fix. It’s the least expensive way to go.

Wrist duly slapped and orders fully noted.
I apologise if I offended anyone, and will respect forum rules.

This is a Google mandated rule. if we don't follow their mandate they can shut the site down

From the clubhouse, post by Travis

Welcome to the Clubhouse

The Clubhouse forum is viewable by members only. You need to be logged in.

What's the point?

Tapatalk and Google don't like sites with "publicly viewable Adult or other Objectionable content". Since many people use the forum with tapatalk, and we display google ads, we needed to move all of the non-family friendly content into a new forum that is only viewable to logged in members. This also means no adult content in photo albums.

Back