cam chain tensioner copper washer ? anybody got one?

Yes, keep an eye on it. If you look closely at my pic in your 1st post, you'll notice that the plunger eventually puts an indent into the washer from striking it. That's probably why they used such a thick washer. I should have one in my parts stash somewhere as I upgraded to the rubber/metal one a few years ago. I'll measure the thickness if I can find it.

Thanks twins. Id appreciate it. I will likely upgrade with my next purchase from Mikes. No need to pay more for shipping than for the part. It can wait till my next order.

Thanks. I'll probably get it from Mikes, one day ship and a little cheaper. Good to know I have other options if they are out of stock though.

Last order from Boats.net.....powersportsplus.com..... was backordered for 6 or more weeks and they didnt tell me. After 2 weeks I called and found out. They even sent me an invoice with shipping notice with weight and quantity. It was ready to ship...in a month or so.

I cancelled and went to fastenal. Had it in stock.

I went looking for one in the Toronto area and Yamaha it turns out is back ordered. 2-3 weeks up here and $12 each. Makes for a hard sale. I need 3 of them (2 XS650's and 1 SR500). Don't think I have them in either of my XS engines.

I guess without them, I'd be running my cam chain a little loose following the standard tensioner adjustment procedure.

Back