Choke Spring & Ball Bearing ??

Oh that! Top, front, the choke rod slides in from the side, there is a drilled hole from the top of the carb that goes straight through where the choke rod hole is. The ball and spring go down that hole before the choke rod is replaced. One set is needed but I have seen them on both carbs.
index.php

index.php

Images; thanks to XSJohn and the 650 rider forum, Both are unfortunately no longer with us.

Hey @gggGary I know this is an older post however I'm currently going through this same process myself and the two images previously attached are no longer available. Do you have any clear images to show where exactly the two balls and the spring go? I'm pretty sure I know where the two balls go however I don't know which side and where exactly the spring goes and how to install it. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much!

You insert the spring, then the ball, through this hole in the side of the boss that the choke rod slides through .....

2RriSO2.jpg

There is a hole bored into the wall opposite this one for the parts to fit into. A dab of grease on them may help hold them in for you.

You insert the spring, then the ball, through this hole in the side of the boss that the choke rod slides through .....

2RriSO2.jpg

There is a hole bored into the wall opposite this one for the parts to fit into. A dab of grease on them may help hold them in for you.

Thank you so much for the quick reply I appreciate it! One additional quick question - do you need a spring on both carbs or just the first one? I only found one spring and two balls when I pulled my set of carbs apart so I'm wondering if I need to get a second spring. I'm assuming not but just want to make sure before I put everything back together, thanks again!

Off to try this right now! I've bought more then a few 1/4" springs to replace these, and none of them work!

Faaahk. leaving right now.

if it works, Thanks!

jaz
Quick bump. was there any consensus on a spring size that would work without modification, or is a cut a cut zerk fitting spring still the best replacement?

Back