Clutch side case cover??

racerdave

^ Gone not forgotten ^
Reaction score
This pic is off a bike for sale on ebay. Bike is stated as a 79 Special. Never seen one with the large bolt on circular clutch cover onto the right case cover. Is it oem or aftermarket, or custom made?

KGrHqRq4EoHOWO7WBQDZCet8960_3.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd...49&item=170897376939&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Most any Harley style derby cover, the one that goes on the primary chain case over the clutch can be used for that. The one in the pics looks like an Evo or earlier engine, the later twin cams used 5 bolts to mount it.
Leo

It could be made into an access cover but it might add more oil leaks than functionality.
Leo

first off, it's a beautifully done bike. but $6500? i don't doubt he has that much into considering parts and his time. not so sure about the $13k in receipts just in parts. seems kinda high.

i'm interested to see if this sells. if i had $6500 to spend on a bike i don't think it would be that one. personally i think most of the enjoyment of these bikes is the satisfaction of working on them yourself and customizing them into exactly what you want.

Back