image_3870.jpg

image_3126.jpg

image_6104.jpg

image_2655.jpg

Feel free to add to the list.

I've had luck with:
-digital calipers
-4.5"angle grinder orange
-Finger ratchets (the round knurled one's that look like an oversized coin)
-Pittsburgh Torque wrenches
-The heavy duty silver/yellow motorcycle stand
-Stepped drill bit set of 3
-Pittsburgh impact drill sockets
-Latex gloves
-bag of rags
-cheap 4 wheel furniture cart
-60" Trailer hitch rack

Bad luck with
-wireless headphones
-pittsburgs socket adapters
-pittsburgh wrenches
-40 piece tap and die set

The only power tool I've gotten from them is the nose hair trimmer. I swear. It seems to work ok. The impact drivers are the best going for price and availability. Also got a full sized battery charger that works ok. The meter on it is a bit wonky but it's automatic so I don't care.

Yes, the impact drivers are great. They work very well for taking out stripped phillips head screws on float bowls.

haha I have all of the good ones on that list. but most of my sockets and air guns are matco and IR for my air stuff, a few snap on electric drills but snap on has gone down in quality IMHO.

I buy cut off disk from HF:
socket holders/ make my tool box look cleaner trays
gloves
some cheapo wachet breaker bar which is still alive. which I can't believe because I beat the shit out of my breaker bars.
a oil pressure gauge kit
ball hub/bearing press kit which is still alive
huge 15 something pound sludge hammer which I love and use allot! I've broken many rotors with it and a drum.......yea
grinding disk
sanding pads
a air cut off tool which still kinda works
boxes of wood screws
gas torches with tanks deal was so sweet I couldn't pass it up.
pitman and drag arm link tool. Very handly and haven't broken it yet I love it.

Broken from there:
any of there gauges like volt gauges etc
slide hammers
most electric crap
specialty tools like radiator pressure kit etc.
wrenches broken sooo many
broke a few sockets from there as well

That's all that I can think of right now.

I picked up the same Blast cabinet as shown by O.P., and I got the collector system with it. Where do I start!?!?!

1. Blast cabinet: light fixture broken when opened the box, they wouldn't replace it.
The door is warped and DOES NOT seal, the gun clogs about every 30 seconds even with the finest grit, and last but not least the gloves will not stay secured in the openings.

2. The dust collector: Well the kit that I got was not the right kit for that cabinet, even though it was the kit that the "sales associate" said was. The hose and fittings for it need to be duct taped or they just fall apart when its in use, spilling the media all over the garage.(silica!)The collector bag is only good for large particles as the fine goes right through it and into the air. Lastly the motor (vacuum) lasted only about two months and then filled the shop up with electrical smoke and died a horrible death.

$475..00 lesson in where to buy tools for me!
I do use the cut-off wheels and a dead blow hammer I got from there, but will never again buy anything that plugs in to electric or air from them again. That's the nicest thing I can say about those Chinese junk made cheap ass tools. Stick with the big names when it comes to any tool, spend the money once, it'll save you from dealing with the breakage and poor return policy they have.

mikesxs and harbor freight should hook up. some things are good, some are shit. anyways.

image_3916.jpg

i wouldnt even flinch at putting a cut of wheel in this and stopping it with my daughters bare hands. completely useless.

image_5669.jpg

works great for me

random drill bits and step bits work allright.

flapdisks suck, but i still buy them, im a sucker for the 3 pack they have sometimes.

buffing shit buffs shit....

i use the cut off wheels, but im scared the whole time i use them.

my general rule is i dont like to spend more than 15 bucks on any given item, cause i never know how its gonna work and im not out much.

allthough i will end up getting the lift table someday, when im done buying parts for my 650.
BWUAHAHAHA

HF Chain Breaker: Good

After 44 plus years of doing all my own bike maintenance, I finally bought a HF chain breaker on sale for $7. I've broken 3 x 530 chains now and it's so much nicer than the grinder, punch and hammer that I've used all my life. I tried it first time on the untouched rivet but the last two times I hit the rivet with a grinder to make it easier on the tool. It works fine either way if set-up right.

Tom

I just picked up one of their little mover's dollies for $7.99 with a coupon. You can't even buy just the wheels for that, lol. This thing is great and makes the perfect little rolling motor stand. I have a Virago motor on it now and it fit perfectly. A 650 motor will go on it when I get it back from that Virago job. I'm tempted to buy another one, lol.

KFX8lbB.jpg

Last edited:
I bought this mini torch which would fill with butane but none would come out. Took it back and got a replacement and it's the same.

image_2895.jpg

I would never buy anything electric from there. I have a foot pump bike lift from them that is nice but I got it on sale for cheap. I bought the parts wash cabinet brought it home in the pump didn't work brought it back in they said there is nothing they can do I would have to send it back to china happens all the time. That's the last thing I bought from there:thumbsup:

Posted via Mobile

I have always wanted the bike lift like Bonez has from HF. I just don't have the room for it. The feature I like most about it is it's hydraulic. Hopefully in the near future I'll make some room for one and I promise a full report on it.
I did buy the 3 in 1 lathe mill drill machine. That thing weighed over 300 lbs. I welded up a stand that was equally heavy and after bolting the two together it made the machine a little more rigid. As expected, the machine works okay as a lathe and not so well as a mill. As a drill press or a mill you are severly limited by a small working area. The machine was mostly used as a lathe to turn bushings small shafts and various small parts. It was fun to use and was handy around the shop. It is not a proffesional tool by any means. One work of caution--- once you have the capability to turn metal at home it changes you-----you will not be able to live without this capability ever again and in worst case scinario---you end up buying a more expensive machine... It's like the gateway machine of machines...
I used this machine for maybe five years and in that time I added a spare lathe chuck and a bunch of accessories for both milling and turning. Even after I bought a Southbend lathe this machine got used regularly. I recently sold it to a man that felt he needed it more than me. I have to admit that I actually miss that machine even though I now have better equipment.

Last edited:
I've had good luck with all the stuff I've bought from HF except for a 4" vice, it lasted one day. I've really been impressed with the fake unibits I got, cheap and they work fantastic.

http://www.harborfreight.com/portable-abrasive-blaster-kit-37025.html
I hear this is a great little sand blaster.
My metric sockets are great, rubber mallet is good.

I tend to stay away from any electric tools unless everyone says its good. I would like to get a bike jack stand, maybe some air tools and such.

One thing I have heard believe it or not, their powder coat kit is great. I had a hard time believing it though.

You know what would be great for this thread... part numbers. That way you can type a part number into the search and see if it's been reviewed on here. Also, just posting the picture directly from harbor freight's website without a description or part number may work for now, but when they change their website around and those pictures no longer work, then the review is worthless because there isn't even a description or part number. :twocents:

I have this blasting cabinet: 40 Lb. Capacity Floor Blast Cabinet Item # 93608 Manufacturer: Central Pneumatic

image_2728.jpg

Bought it for $175 from the inside track club discount. I've had none of the problems Ironhead had other than the gun being junk. I also have a problem with the media hanging up on the walls of the funnel and not feeding well because of it. Even with 50# of grit in it. I made my own reclaimer and water trap dust collector. I also just bought this kit from TPtools that upgrades the gun and pickup tube: http://www.tptools.com/p/2320,22_USA-Cabinet-Gun-and-Pickup-Tube-Upgrade-Kit.html as well as this shaker to keep the media from hanging up in the corners of the funnel http://www.tptools.com/Product.aspx?display_id=250

I also have a Harbor Freight Desiccant Air Dryer 97686 which seems to do a good job of removing the moisture from the air line. I can't find it on their website anymore though. I have a 13CFM compressor to run the blasting cabinet and its uses every bit of the air the compressor provides. Don't try to run one of these with a 6CFM compressor or you will be unhappy with the performance.

I have 2 or 3 of these 6" Digital Caliper's Item # 47257 Manufacturer: Pittsburgh

image_1318.jpg

I pick them up when they go on sale for $10. They work great!

Ironsled77, I also have a parts washer from there: 20 Gallon Parts Washer Item # 7340 Manufacturer: Chicago Electric Power Tools

image_11262.jpg

I got it for $90 on sale then spent more on the solvent to fill it than I did for the unit itself. I tried filling it with 5 gallons first and it wasn't enough to get the pump to work. Then I added 5 more gallons and I thought the pump was shot because it still didn't work. It make some funny noises and I thought it was junk but after about a minute fluid started coming out and it got quiet. Has worked fine ever since. Those pumps just take a long time to prime I guess.

Back