Custom Front Motor Mount

I am down to get one I would like something different that doesn't break the bank.
Let me know if you come up with something

Last edited:
Different than these? EDIT: It looks like there are some serious fulfillment problems with those ones, which is a shame, because I think they look great. Maybe there is a niche after all!

full

Beautiful piece of work, just noticed alot of people asking for some and I was going to build my own, so I thought I might ask.

What is a good price point for you guys?

I've been waiting for about a year for deltafab to make the front motor mount for the earlier years like my XS2 and still nothing. It wouldn't just be a cosmetic upgrade but also stiffen up the frame a bit = better handling. I'd be in for sure

Well, I will get on it.

Do you guys prefer it to be DOM or is regular tubing ok?

If I can get DOM from my supplier as 2nds, then I will.

I would like to see regular tubing---keeping the same look as the DeltaFab piece

I'd like to see somthing dif. at a good price sow us what you got !!!!!may be some thing
with mount for controls mounted to it.the t.c b. set look out of place.

I might be up for one of these as well for a 1980xs. The stock one isn't very conducive to mounting the tool bag I want to add there.

Last edited:
Hey man, would be interested in one of these too.
as to the difference in metals,
sorry to sound stuid but what are the advantages/ disadvantages of each??
Nic

I would like to see regular tubing---keeping the same look as the DeltaFab piece

That was the plan! Thanks for the input.

I'd like to see somthing dif. at a good price sow us what you got !!!!!may be some thing
with mount for controls mounted to it.the t.c b. set look out of place.

I don't follow what you meean, but I hope what I do will work for the masses.

I might be up for one of these as well for a 1980xs. The stock one isn't very conductive to mounting the tool bag I want to add there.

I would think you could drill a few holes in the mount and tap them, so you could mount a tool bag.

Hey man, would be interested in one of these too.
as to the difference in metals,
sorry to sound stuid but what are the advantages/ disadvantages of each??
Nic

DOM(drawn over mandrel) is a seamless tubing which is much stronger; mainly used in roll cage, but not always.

It is more expensive and is what others use to make this mount.

I don't think it is necessary, but I would normally use it. Make sense?

DOM(drawn over mandrel) is a seamless tubing which is much stronger; mainly used in roll cage, but not always.

It is more expensive and is what others use to make this mount.

I don't think it is necessary, but I would normally use it. Make sense?

Yes that makes sense,
Thanks
well I you were to have DOM tubing available I would take one, if not then I'd accept the other choice.

Yes forgot to mention I'd be an international shipping too, but I'm willing to pay the extra postage so no worries hopefully.
Nic

I don't see an issue with shipping internationally as long as you don't mind paying the premiums and waiting the extra time.

Anything to help the community out!!!

I don't see an issue with shipping internationally as long as you don't mind paying the premiums and waiting the extra time.

Anything to help the community out!!!

All fair and reasonable to me, when you do plan on starting making them let me know and I'll take one.
the time issue isnt a problem for me as it will be next summer before my bike is running.
Nic

Hopefully before next summer! lol

I make custom parts for CTSVs, so I have a pile of parts in R&D right now; one in the testing phase, on a car.

Back