Does any one know if it's possible to mount one of these to an xs650?

Samuraiace

Workin from the shed
Reaction score
Has anyone come across or know how to mount a benelli 360 Mojave tank to an xs650.
Or know of a good cost effective alternative? :shrug:

Attachments

• $(KGrHqMOKpgE1q5!EFTFBNg7lZL3Tw~~_35.JPG
    $(KGrHqMOKpgE1q5!EFTFBNg7lZL3Tw~~_35.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 338
  • $(KGrHqMOKnQE1Rl+hilnBNg7lcoe,g~~_14.JPG
    $(KGrHqMOKnQE1Rl+hilnBNg7lcoe,g~~_14.JPG
    2.2 KB · Views: 930
I have one too sitting in my garage. I tried it on a frame and it seems to fit nicely. You need to be careful about mounting it too far foward or it will hit the forks at full lock. You might need to modify the fuel outlets too depending on how you mount it. If you look around here enough you will find ANYTHING can be used on these bikes if you have enough creative skills and time. I am planning on building a Dunstall style road racer with mine for my next project.

It will need a stud welded on the top tube and the back is up to you and your fab skills. I see them on ebay alot and the price seems fair. It is a very solid steel build. Mine was brand new, never used and came with the cap and petcocks. It does have some rust on the inside upper surfaces from condensation building over years of storage. Nothing major. For $75 I had to buy it. I found it at a vintage bike meet upstate NY last summer along with some other great deals.

Jeez what a steal...I need to get to more swap meets

Got any idea on were I might get petcocks and lid for one of these?

or any good priced cafe tanks that are easier to come by?

I think I have more petcocks in my garage somewhere. They are brand new and I didn't know what they were for until I bought this one. The only issue is the hose barb is pretty small. Looks like 1/4". Probably enough with 2 feeds, one for each carb. The tank has what looks like 1/8 NPT threads in it but there is a similar metric style that it could be too? I won't be into any of this for another month or so. If you want to check back I will have more info.

Twojugs for your tank did you pick up a lid for it or did it come with one?

I've seen em on ebay, I haven't found any aftermarket or others that fit, have you seen anything like that?

I believe they are a fairly common cap.. Saw one of these tanks mounted to an XS 650/750 racer down at Barber last fall. I would like to get one also, love the looks, but they don't appear to hold that much gas.

Mine came with a brand new cap and petcocks. I see these tanks on ebay all the time. Use to see caps and petcoks too but not lately. It looks like you will need to proper cap to work on this. They are built well and fit the look for a cafe or road race build.

I am useing one on a CAFE build i am doing and i welded a stud and also on frame had two plates in back and weled studs to that to mount back. I cut the gas cap out and welded in a flat twist cap. I will try and post some pictures . I think i paid $100.00 on ebay brand new in box.

Aussie, I was wondering what the deal with the whole is on the top? Air vent? A bit of a newb question, I know... :)

Back