Does any one know if it's possible to mount one of these to an xs650?

Sorry, not that one, the one just forward from it, about 1 cm across? It can be best seen on the original post (the yellow tank). Is it a vent?

Just got done mounting mine up, was pretty easy. I built a little bracket too hold the rear loop in the center on the underside of the tank. Used the hole throught the middle of the tank to mount the front. Ill take detailed pics tomorrow if I get a chance.
IMG_20110604_195712.jpg

There is a hole between the fill hole and the front of the tank that goes all the way through the tank. It is for mounting the tank.

Also forgot to mention if anyone is searching for petcocks for these tanks you can get them here: http://www.treatland.tv/new-puch-pe...g=Y&sort=3&cat=88&show=99&page=1&f-petcock=66
Any those petcocks that have the 10mm x 1mm male thread should work. I went w the peugeot motobecane petcocks because they carry both left and right flow in that model, which works nice for having them on both sides of the tank. The fuel cap was a little harder to get.

Also forgot to mention if anyone is searching for petcocks for these tanks you can get them here: http://www.treatland.tv/new-puch-pe...g=Y&sort=3&cat=88&show=99&page=1&f-petcock=66
Any those petcocks that have the 10mm x 1mm male thread should work. I went w the peugeot motobecane petcocks because they carry both left and right flow in that model, which works nice for having them on both sides of the tank. The fuel cap was a little harder to get.

Which exact item did you get? There are a few peugeot versions. Unfortunately I haven't seen any nice brass ones:(

So since this Mojave tank has 2 wholes for petcocks, do you have to use 2 petcocks or can you use 1 and plug the other whole with a bolt and some locktite?

It's a great looking tank for smaller bikes I think. But I think it is too small on the XS, it would require a long bump seat if you're going that route.

Aussie I bought one peugeot right flow petcock and one peugeot left flow petcock. Yeah no nice brass ones but the quality is good for the price.

Cole I don't know if you'd be able to use all the gas in the tank if you plugged up one side, I think some of your gas would just sit on that side unusable. Your supposed to use one side as a reserve.

Sam I have this seat for it. I need to trim it up a bit and get the light mounted. Once I have it all sitting right I'm going to blast the tank and do a tangerine orange on both the tank and seat.
IMG_20110513_152449.jpg

Oh ok I've gotcha, I assumed something along those lines! Thanks for the tip! If you have any detailed pics of how you mounted it that would be awesome! :)

Speaking of petcocks, is there a way to get rid of them? I am still trying to get used to turning them both on and off when I start stop the bike. If I forget sometimes it floods.

Are there some automatic ones which can be fitted with just run and reserve?

You'd have to figure out a way to hook up a vacuum fed petcock like the ones that come on the 650. Then you could just leave it in the on position.

Put a sign on the tank or next to the key switch, that says Turn the gas off That way you will have a reminder. The manuals are safest. You will learn to remember.
Leo

Back