Don't be a stranger.. Say hi!

Welcome to the forum, Mike.
Any good BBQ joints up there?

2M-XS1B-Calendar2018-02.jpg

Welcome.. nice ride..... What direction do you want to take.. bobber..cafe'... ?
I’ve experienced the cafe/brat style on my very first bike (‘87 Suzi GS425e), and I have the Rigid shovelhead for all my chopper/bobber needs, I really wanted to take a couple steps towards enduro/ dual sport.. for the comfort, function, and simply the classic look of a dual sport! (With some of my own twists of course)

Greetings from Arizona, WannabeMike! Back in the mid 80's to mid 90's I had a couple Shovelheads. Both got stolen. I did enjoy them when I had them. My '80 SG is the bike I've had longest. It's a Special with it's mag wheels. I love her. I doubt you will find a better back roads bike than our XS650's. I'll admit to having a project in the shed and it's not another XS. A bitsa KZ 650 with a 750GPz engine.
Ask way if you have questions or tell us of your latest XS or other motorcycle adventures. Has anyone mentioned we like pics?

Greetings from Arizona, WannabeMike! Back in the mid 80's to mid 90's I had a couple Shovelheads. Both got stolen. I did enjoy them when I had them. My '80 SG is the bike I've had longest. It's a Special with it's mag wheels. I love her. I doubt you will find a better back roads bike than our XS650's. I'll admit to having a project in the shed and it's not another XS. A bitsa KZ 650 with a 750GPz engine.
Ask way if you have questions or tell us of your latest XS or other motorcycle adventures. Has anyone mentioned we like pics?
Ahhh man I’m sorry to hear about the Harley’s, that totally sucks. But that’s awesome with everything else! And yeah I’m really excited to get it going and see what it’s got. I’m too excited! You’ll be seeing me post and yes with pictures! I drove through AZ on a cross country drive, very beautiful there!

NYC? New York City? Been thru there many times when I was a kid back in the mid 60's. Seen the Statue of Liberty many times. Rode the subways. Dad grew up there and JFK was the closest airport to relatives in Con.

NYC? New York City? Been thru there many times when I was a kid back in the mid 60's. Seen the Statue of Liberty many times. Rode the subways. Dad grew up there and JFK was the closest airport to relatives in Con.
Yep, thats my home! its getting crazier each day haha.

Is there any real difference that separates the specials from the regular models?

Hi mike and welcome,
impressive bio, all I had at age 22 was a BSA sidecar rig and a fiancee.
But no, the only real difference between a Standard and a Special is the Standard's shocks are more upright.
Everything else is a nut'n'bolt parts swap to turn either into other.
OTOH, '79 (I think) was the last year they made a Standard. Specials only after then.
1980 & newer Specials have lift-off seats & electronic ignition but most parts still swap.

Hi mike and welcome,
impressive bio, all I had at age 22 was a BSA sidecar rig and a fiancee.
But no, the only real difference between a Standard and a Special is the Standard's shocks are more upright.
Everything else is a nut'n'bolt parts swap to turn either into other.
OTOH, '79 (I think) was the last year they made a Standard. Specials only after then.
1980 & newer Specials have lift-off seats & electronic ignition but most parts still swap.
Hey thanks! I hope your 22's treated you well! Thats good to know, @Jim attached a thread with all of the different models in order from first to last, although i don't know how he did so, otherwise id attach it! If you have pointers for me on this forum like shortcuts or cool ways to do things please let me know haha i could use it!

Hey thanks! I hope your 22's treated you well! Thats good to know, @Jim attached a thread with all of the different models in order from first to last, although i don't know how he did so, otherwise id attach it! If you have pointers for me on this forum like shortcuts or cool ways to do things please let me know haha i could use it!

Hi Mike,
my 22 was so long ago that I don't remember the details except escaping conscription (in the USA, being drafted) by two months.
The Tech section and the search button are good ways to find stuff and just asking works too.

Back