Duh .....

motormike

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a goon ..... it's that time of the year...where we " pickle " the bikes... drain... treat.. etc etc...pull battery. I pulled the battery from the Condor... placed it on the shelf with the others... grabbed the battery charger... I have several chargers.... but my grey matter must have been in void mode... got one of the " big " chargers... placed it on 6 volt.. hooked it up... and left. Later that day got a text from my fellow shop buddies... the entire shop REEKS of sulfur. The battery was new this spring. :mad:

Attachments

• Battery toast.jpg
    Battery toast.jpg
    309.4 KB · Views: 63
Yeah I keep one of those big ole monster chargers around, but REALLY try avoid hooking it up to cycle or other small batteries.
Thing is it's the only way to start charging a badly discharged large battery. Had it humming away on my skidsteer battery this week. Someone had left the key on..... Brought it back one more time, but battery's 13 years old been killed dead a couple times, has to start diesel in mid winter, needs to be replaced for reliability.

. Had it humming away on my skidsteer battery this week. Someone had left the key on..... Brought it back one more time, but battery's 13 years old
Some times things work so good you ignore them.. Case in point. Mr March needs a quick "Mothers" wipe down, a damp rag dusting and a few other details before I cover her for the winter.

Back