Engine work? and pics of bike

75xs650

Custom xs650
Reaction score
Does anyone know in the metro detroit area that works on 1980 xs650 engines, i have 85 percent of the engine togather but there are some misc stuff that i am not sure where it goes or does anyone on this forum live close to metro detroit that i can come to you and you can help teach me some of the basics of this one of my sleeves is rusted out so i know i have to buy new sleeve but i will prob just buy a new jugs from ebay and call that a day but i am not sure if i need new pistons, the engine turns freely just need some help is all its already hardtailed from tc bros trying to decide if i should run a springer front end as the tubes on the forks now will def need rebuilt and some new tubes installed. I will be powder coating the lower fork tubes when i get that far.

any help is appreciated

here are some pics for ya

first pics are kind of crappy and harder to see the last couple pics are my custom exhaust and what i am thinking about for a paint job.

xs6501.jpg

xs6502.jpg

xs6503.jpg

xs6504.jpg

exhaust
MVC-001S.jpg

paint
243327_10150210208651676_111741051675_7467328_4629166_o.jpg

nope stock front end might go with springer and 21 in harley front rim we will see how money flows lol might be cheaper to do that then re build the forks lol

Bring it over

think your a little bit out of the way for me lol might just pick up donor bike and with running engine and throw it in there so i can ride then build this engine slowly maybe i dont know need to find a local to see if motor is all good or not and just needs a few parts

thanks for comments on pipes and tank, cant wait to i get better pics of this thing still in the clean up phase of engine and frame prob gonna go with a springer front end just cuz they look bad ass and since not relly gonna travel long distances on this

lol nah got the other half on ground and waiting for my jack satnd to get here so i dont rely on lowes 5 gallon buckets to hold up the engine plus engine is heavy as shit for me to pick up lmao hoping to pick up my rims next week and then get forks rebuilt and lowers powdercoated thought about getting the actual fork tubes anadized black thought it would look awesome just dont know of anyone near me that does that?

here is some updated pics nothing fancy just somne paint on a side cover and my ghetto engine stand on wheels

20110707095646.jpg

20110707141905.jpg

20110707160418.jpg

here is my other bike till this one gets done
20110511080152.jpg

well secretary of state is fucking me over now saying since not running bike at moment i have to bring in every receipt when up and running to make sure i paid taxes on everything which in long run is going to fuck me over looks like getting rid of this and just buying a built one dont feel like fucking around with this shit

really? i had no problem getting mine registered with the secretary of state... did you not have a title?

Back