ever feel that technology is leaving you behind?

I have an xps too, Vista, what a waste of good components. Vista.....might as well pour sand into your spark plug holes. Nothing was really wrong with XP. Best OS windows ever put out, just an opinion. Im going to get a Mac next. Just to see. Several times i've gone up to a total stranger at Starbucks using a Mac and asked them if they have ever used windows and if their computer broke, would they ever go back to windows. Not 1 person has ever told me they would go from Mac to windows. Not 1. Ever. That says something.

One thing I have noticed about new technology is that I can remove, strip,clean, reassemble and refit the carbs on my XS in much less time than it takes me to even remove the carbs on my Honda CBR900RRN. It's a different story entirely on my Suzuki GSX1400 though as I don't even attempt to mess with the fuel injection on that as I have to take it to a man with a computer that plugs into it just to figure out what's going on-and that man has his workshop some 60 miles away from my house!!!!

One thing I have noticed about new technology is that I can remove, strip,clean, reassemble and refit the carbs on my XS in much less time than it takes me to even remove the carbs on my Honda CBR900RRN. It's a different story entirely on my Suzuki GSX1400 though as I don't even attempt to mess with the fuel injection on that as I have to take it to a man with a computer that plugs into it just to figure out what's going on-and that man has his workshop some 60 miles away from my house!!!!

I'd sooner sort an electronic fuel injection system than I would set up twin carbs :(
I've got used to the Bosch system on my 944S2 now and its surprisingly simple once you understand how they work

I'd sooner sort an electronic fuel injection system than I would set up twin carbs :(
I've got used to the Bosch system on my 944S2 now and its surprisingly simple once you understand how they work

Fortunately the FI on my GSX has never given me any trouble but I will be getting a Powercommander set up on it sometime in the spring. As far as I know there is no way for me to adjust the stock system.

I must admit I am not familiar with your injection system but if its anything like the Motronic system in its operation then I can troubleshoot them pretty good now.

Dick Tracy had this kind of stuff a loooong time ago. We are just now catching up to him.

dick_tracy.jpg

Unfortunately, in many cases technology has allowed people to become ruder (Bluetooth in a restaraunt) more dangerous (texting while driving) and less patient (instant Internet gratification for anything). So I am not convinced all technology is good.

A positive example of technology is this forum. Else how would we know that there are other XS650'ers out there.

:)

Back