Fabbing a new battery box

Dogger

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I'm fabbing a new battery box, my bike is closer to stock than most chops, more of a rat rod. Anyways, I still have the stock battery box mounts but I'm running a small battery.
I'm going to weld up a new one and found a pic of one that used the stock rubber mounts.

Do you think it needs to be rubber mounted? Anyone have problems with solid mounted boxes? Mine will have the ignition switch in it and the reg/rectifier bolted to the outside.

Rubber mounting may be easier on the battery and any parts you have mounted on the battery box. You just need to be sure anything on the box has a ground wire from the part to a good frame ground. The rubber mounting isolates the box from ground.

I would rubber mount it, take away some of the bad vibes from the motor, I had an AGM battery from mikes and i went thru two of them before rubber isolating it. Good thing he had a year warranty on his batteries no questions asked.

If you have the stock rubber liner just do some mods to it and you will be fine. I hard mount boxes but always use the liner and these are hard tails.

Back