Finally Got A(nother) 650

tracer1966

Kaptain Kluge
Reaction score
I can be official now.

I picked up a 1975 XS650B in Solverthorne, CO a few weeks back, and I've been fiddling with it since.

I've replaced the rear tire with a knobbly dual-sport (Kenda K270 4.50-18), and swapped out the original (bent) handlebars with CL350 bars.

I finished rehabbing the instrument cluster yesterday. I had to open up the speedo and screw down the face too.

The headlight brackets and ears were horribly bent and damaged, and I've just finished straightening them out as best as possible for now--they will be replaced in the near future.

And I am currently shaving the seat foam and replacing the seat cover with something more stock--except brown!

I have also replaced the plastic swingarm bushing (with bronze) and repaired the rear brake (broken actuator rod, bent & stripped actuator lever, and bent & stripped brake cam).

Here are some attachments of the bike (notice the seat and tire), my first 1975 XS650B, and some inspiration images of where I'm going with my bike.

P.S. Shout out to all the Scandinavians out there! Saa gleder jeg i alle "postene" deres!

Attachments

• Yamaha_XS650_Redemption.JPG
    Yamaha_XS650_Redemption.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 106
  • Yamaha_XS650_The_Original.JPG
    Yamaha_XS650_The_Original.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 114
  • Yamaha_650_Brit_Style.jpg
    Yamaha_650_Brit_Style.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 101
  • Yamaha_650_Scrambler.jpg
    Yamaha_650_Scrambler.jpg