Fork brace deal?

rick1956

Just a regular guy.
Reaction score
For those of you that might be thinking about a Hugh's Handbuilt fork brace, I found a deal on them at a discounter:

https://www.itdtoutlet.xyz/hughs-ha...aw-7583-chopper-bobber-cafe-racer-p-5463.html

No, I haven't done any business with itdtoutlet before, and who knows--I may never again, but I figured $42 and free shipping might be worth a gamble. If it doesn't pan out I'll be first to jump up and apologize to all of you for sending you down a dark path of no return.

I'll update this post when (or if?) it arrives. Cheers!

Any idea what country Itdtoutlet is in?
Their ISP is registrered in the US
https://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/104.31.73.34
But that doesn't always mean their business is also in the US.

The FAQ says:
"Can I order from outside the United States?
Unfortunately no, not at this time."

Can't find an address though...weird, could be a Chinese firm acting like a US company.

Yup, I saw all that too. I dug around the site quite a bit and I couldn't find any of typical warning signs, so I figured what the hell. Although I routinely shop overseas, to me the unusual part was being a liquidator of US goods and being located elsewhere. Anyway, time will tell eh?

Yup, I saw all that too. I dug around the site quite a bit and I couldn't find any of typical warning signs, so I figured what the hell. Although I routinely shop overseas, to me the unusual part was being a liquidator of US goods and being located elsewhere. Anyway, time will tell eh?
In these cases I start ordering something of little value, just to see how things goes. I must say though I haven't had any bad experiences yet on Chinese sites. Even a refund went swift when they were overdue their shipping time. Knock on wood.

So, I randomly surfed the site, and found a lot of used parts in the Vintage Car and Truck Parts section. In particular, I was struck by this:
https://www.itdtoutlet.xyz/1958-195...bird-interior-door-opener-handle-p-11999.html
Is this a great bargain? I decided to see what they were going for on eBay, and found the same used part from a Wisconsin seller:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1958-1959-...303495&hash=item25ea7d6b48:g:a38AAOSwpDdVZYa3
It's not just the same part, it's the actual same item.
It's a red flag, and not encouraging, but maybe itd does actually have one, and they just haven't gotten around to photographing it yet? Hmmm...

@rick1956 maybe consider cancelling that order. I understand some of Hugh’s parts are gonna be duplicated, but for them to use his name is super shitty.

If Hugh has his name trademarked then he could do something about it, because they show his business symbol as a selling point and are using his name.........the odd thing about this mob is they are stating the product won't get shipped for 7-10 days...........Are they making them or buying them after an order/money has been taken/received and then on-selling..........

This was done buy an fleecebay seller a few years ago with MikesXS products........The guy Stated that some products may not be available immediately and a refund would be given if wasn't available at the time.......He was taking money from buyers, Then placing an order with MikesXS and on-selling the parts after they arrived, at an inflated price to the buyers. He also stated there wold be a delay before parts were shipped, Of course he had to receive them himself before reshipping. He actually reshipped in the box he received the parts from MikesXS..........If Mikes was out of that product at the time then a refund was given. He survived for a few years then when Mikes sold the business, the Fleecbay seller must have been twigged by Mikes because within a few months period his negatives went through the roof and went out of business

When i first saw this i posted a thread, Old 650 rider site, warning people of this scammer and the overwhelming response was, this guy was an entrepreneur and good on him for this was the American way.

Hugh copied his design from a previous well respected member on here, then claimed.................................. Quote] We looked around the forums, talked to some of our racing customers, and found a serious lack for a proper fork brace. So off to the shop we went, after about 7 different designs and tests , the final HHB Fork Brace was born out of steel, sweat and even a little blood [Unuote.........

The member, he stole/Coppied the design from, made them from a previous product that had been for sale but was no longer available (gone out of production), so made them for the XS650, the member also stated it wasn't his design and gave the history of the product. In Fact the Member in Question, who never had a negative word to say about anyone and encouraged healthy competition, mentioned in a post to Hugh about his false claims, especially when they had discussed the fork brace in a thread the member had been posting about the fork brace in question ............

Quote from 2009], I've been building them for over 5yrs :doh: Hugh, you could have saved yourself all that "research and development" and just bought one of mine, I knew about the ill handling of the XS years ago :D Even so I could not come up with anything original either, it's all been done :shrug:. [Unquote

I have links to the thread in Question where this happened.......

This is not the first time Hugh has copied another successful product and claimed years of research in developing his product.........Whats good for the Goose........

Look any where on the web now and you can find Named brands getting sold with the name and they are repo's. Kinhin carbs are one example

Fact is if a product works and is a seller, them someone else s going to copy it.

Last edited:
Not quite there yet, also not quite there with this cryptic old timer word play. I usually just say what I mean, what do I know.

So, I randomly surfed the site, and found a lot of used parts in the Vintage Car and Truck Parts section. In particular, I was struck by this:
https://www.itdtoutlet.xyz/1958-195...bird-interior-door-opener-handle-p-11999.html
Is this a great bargain? I decided to see what they were going for on eBay, and found the same used part from a Wisconsin seller:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1958-1959-...303495&hash=item25ea7d6b48:g:a38AAOSwpDdVZYa3
It's not just the same part, it's the actual same item.
It's a red flag, and not encouraging, but maybe itd does actually have one, and they just haven't gotten around to photographing it yet? Hmmm...
Nah, it seems ITD is a 'market place', just like Ebay. The seller wanted it to sell on Ebay as well on this site and used the same pics. That's what I'm guessing.

F8; in my case I have seen info that there are more fake than real Brembo brake calipers in the marketplace.

Back