Front Sprocket Replacement

Download the factory service manual (free) from www.biker.net and look it up, Willie. Re. locking the shaft, all it takes is a thick rag jammed between chain and sprocket.

It's already mentioned here in this thread. If he can't find that, do you really think he'll be able to find it within a whole manual, lol ?

Post 1... the po uses "sprockets and heads" in the same sentence...............No idea, needs to learn.............asked for good advice.

Post 2.. The best advice was given...................learn about the different parts of a motor...........Get a manual To learn.

Offence was taken by the op

Post 10 gives the ft/lb measurement to tighten the nut.......................

Revived thread...........Poster asking for the ft/lb to tighten front sprocket...................Did thread reviver read the thread??????

Advice was given.
Reminder the information had been posted......Some ribbing was posted.

Offense taken by thread reviver.????? +1.

post 23 Thread reviver states he already knows what the information was already posted............implies posters are not in the spirit because they won't re-post the same information time and again in the same thread.............. Why ask for something to be posted repeatedly if you already know the answer has been posted??????................

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:..........................

Go build a bike or something, you've got way too much time on your hands to be writing about other peoples business

You revived a thread with an answer to the question you posted when reviving............

1; either you missed the answer when reading the thread.................which got pointed out to you.

2; or you were trolling...........You did say you knew the answer was posted when your nikkers got in a twist when it was pointed out the answer was already there.

My time is mine to do as i please..........not to do as you please or demand

You revived a thread with an answer to the question you posted when reviving............

1; either you missed the answer when reading the thread.................which got pointed out to you.

2; or you were trolling...........You did say you knew the answer was posted when your nikkers got in a twist when it was pointed out the answer was already there.

My time is mine to do as i please..........not to do as you please or demand

Trolling is going from post to post picking fights. I think Willy is saying that you CAN spend your time however you like, but so can a serial killer or maniac. Something is definitely off.

I teach mechanical and automotive design engineering at a university in Windsor, Canada (directly across the river from Detroit, MI) and the material can be rather complicated if you're new at it (and sometimes even for oldsters). When students come to me with a question, I always ask them to show me what they have done first - that way I can diagnose the problem more quickly and accurately. If they haven't actually done anything themselves before coming to me (which happens fairly frequently in the lower years....), I just send them away to try the problem themselves first.

The point is - I won't be there to wipe their nose every day once they graduate - and so eventually they need to start developing some independent ability if they want to earn a living. When they come to see me having expended no effort themselves....well, there's no time like the present to begin the process, in my view.

Back to this matter: really guys - I have to say that pointing someone to a place where they can gain knowledge, particularly at no charge, is hardly being unfriendly.
It is simply common sense. If a person writes into the forum and is trying to do something that he clearly doesn't know how to do - that's fine. There are lots of knowledgeable people here who will pitch-in and help - but I agree with others that newbys would benefit from making an effort to help themselves by: getting a manual as suggested, reading it and trying to learn how the bike is put together and how to work on it and then zeroing in on their specific problem. Once they've done that - then coming back with questions, problems or whatever - will invariably be met with genuine help. There are literally dozens of examples of people, of all background, from all over the world, doing that every day on this forum.

Otherwise, if a person is rich enough, they could just pull out their wad and pay someone else to do all their servicing for them - and a side benefit of that approach is that it would give them someone to blame if things go wrong.... If that was the case, then why would they come onto the site asking questions in the first place?

Anyhow, that's the way I see it.

Pete

Pete and others who may be interested.............I was in the building trade plying my Trade as a chippie............ In the early days just out of my apprenticeship, (and some later), there were some people i worked for who would not take the time of day to help when problems arose or they would take delight in making fun, often making sure it was done in front of others. unfortunately these type of people were all to frequent.

Later in life, as i got older, when i was in a position to help others with my knowledge when needed i would do so gladly, there is nothing more rewarding than to be involved in the development of a person willing to learn. In time they will often help you as well in the way they see things. if that person wasn't receptive to help then i was not going to slow down my work for the sake of a time waster who wasn't interested. living in the real world you make a choice, to be a helper or not, you can only help those who help themselves.

My time is mine and if i want to get a wiring diagram and crop it, remove parts to emphasize a part, and write on it to clarify a point, then post in response to someones question............ I am not questioned or told my time would be better spent else where.

My time is mine and if a poster is being unreasonable, rude, disrespectful to answers to their questions, or just not helping themselves one bit, and expecting every bit information to be posted for their benefit.............. In this situation i will post my thoughts as to why i wont help and tell them to start helping them selves.............in this situation my time is questioned because the poster is more interested in a perceived slight, and will respond to that, rather than take stock of themselves and work to gain the respect of others who are willing to help them.

I teach mechanical and automotive design engineering at a university in Windsor, Canada (directly across the river from Detroit, MI) and the material can be rather complicated if you're new at it (and sometimes even for oldsters). When students come to me with a question, I always ask them to show me what they have done first - that way I can diagnose the problem more quickly and accurately. If they haven't actually done anything themselves before coming to me (which happens fairly frequently in the lower years....), I just send them away to try the problem themselves first.

The point is - I won't be there to wipe their nose every day once they graduate - and so eventually they need to start developing some independent ability if they want to earn a living. When they come to see me having expended no effort themselves....well, there's no time like the present to begin the process, in my view.

Back to this matter: really guys - I have to say that pointing someone to a place where they can gain knowledge, particularly at no charge, is hardly being unfriendly.
It is simply common sense. If a person writes into the forum and is trying to do something that he clearly doesn't know how to do - that's fine. There are lots of knowledgeable people here who will pitch-in and help - but I agree with others that newbys would benefit from making an effort to help themselves by: getting a manual as suggested, reading it and trying to learn how the bike is put together and how to work on it and then zeroing in on their specific problem. Once they've done that - then coming back with questions, problems or whatever - will invariably be met with genuine help. There are literally dozens of examples of people, of all background, from all over the world, doing that every day on this forum.

Otherwise, if a person is rich enough, they could just pull out their wad and pay someone else to do all their servicing for them - and a side benefit of that approach is that it would give them someone to blame if things go wrong.... If that was the case, then why would they come onto the site asking questions in the first place?

Anyhow, that's the way I see it.

Pete

I dont find it useful to go on and on about stuff like this and type volumes. Have at it. I have a life to tend to, no disrespect. Internet arguing is a time waster.

Back