Garage Heater

i just got a new flat top stove, so the old one retired to duty as a powder coat oven.
i powder alot. when i cant find any thing to coat, i preheat , then turn it off, then open the oven door.
dont worry, its electric

I just live in Austin Texas....Ride all year work all year....Of course my detached apt garage sucks in summer so i cut wood to fit length of door and shove a window unit in it works pretty well....and i dont get the bill for the electric.

hi guys ,, just over 2years ago i lived in morwell and again it was a ex gov. house ,,and it had a tripple carport behind the roller door ,all in a rowe,, so the last carport became my workshop,, with barndoors opening up forming a bigger opening ,, so 1 day at a garage sale i picked up an old pair of drake drumdrums and next thing i had them set up right near the opening then i went round industrial factorys near the railway lines and they regulally put out on the natuare strip 20-30 pallet ,,free for tha taking,, so i would grab them i and get them home and attack when i unloaded the at the opening to my shed,,, them with my chain saw,, and quite offen , that would last my a week or so ,being nice nice and warm, and 1 saturday i even put a crock on simmering fof dinner saturday night.. which worked out great with a nice red... it meant the dog and myself were happy that weekend,,, fiddling with bikes and cars,, and watchin AFL,,regards oldbiker

I'm going to go look at a used pellet stove tomorrow. Hopefully it works out, my garage is 24x28 and I'm hoping to insulate it for next winter. In the meantime I can run the pellet stove as is and warm it up a bit when I want to do some work on my bikes.

It can get pretty nasty here in the winter... this weekend is going to be in the -20C to -25C range. We usually get a few weeks of -35C to -40C too :(

Back