Giveaway: Exhaust from Pandemonium Custom Choppers! (ends 11pm CST January 1, 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have surfed the web looking at pictures and reading the XS650 forums for three years, dreaming of the day that I would finally bring home my first XS650 to chop and mod. Today was the day and I have got it stripped down to the frame and motor. There is so much rust in the jugs that it looks like there is fur growing inside, but I don't care, I have somewhere to start! A hardtail by the end of next month and I can start fabbing up the pieces and parts to make a truly unique bike!

I am a full time student, I work a full time job and I have four boys under the age of 8. This bike is how I unwind and blow off steam. No one telling me where to go, how to do it, or when it needs to get done! It is my first build but I hope it will be the first of many. My boys have taken as much interest as any little kid would in an old junky, rusty motorcycle, which isn't much. I do hope that someday they will see just how cool it is to take a rusty old bike and build some of themselves into it, to make it their own.

If I win the exhaust system for my bike it will help me get one step closer to getting this thing on the road next spring and showing my boys just how much fun it can be to create something from what many people would call junk. When I look back in 20 years to my first build, as my boys and I ride together, I will remember where the exhaust for my first chopped XS came from; Pandemonium Custom Choppers!

Kelso

Attachments

• December 2011 411.jpg
    December 2011 411.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 169
  • December 2011 412.jpg
    December 2011 412.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 154
My first build and Im living at home and could really use the parts! NOT TO MENTION I WOULD BE A LIFE LONG CUSTOMER! I move out in May and I could really use it! 23 is a tough age!:thumbsup: I would be most appreciative!!!

Attachments

• Bike 4.JPG
    Bike 4.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 163
I have been working on my bike for 3 years now. It is my first build and the first bike I have owned in several years. I need to get back on two wheels, I could use any help I can get.

My brother and I have been working on our 74 650 bobber for several years. The bike is totally complete except for the exhaust. The Pandemonium Choppers exhaust system is just what our build needs. I feel that all the folks trying to win this exhaust system will have empathy for me and probably think that I should win these cool pipes. You see, my brother is not at all interested in riding our motorcycle and this is a huge problem for me as we are Siamese twins attached at the shoulder. To add further heartache to this situation, I have to tell you that he is gay and I am not. He has a date coming over tonight. We only have one ass. I hope you all can understand how horrible my situation is. Please let me win this incredible exhaust system so I can at least sit and look at the bike in a completed stage. Oh, I am also desparately in need of some real good ear plugs. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

If I were to win these pipes, I could finish my bike, take a road trip to locate Taylor Giresi, relentlessly beat him, videotape it and post it on YouTube. All proceeds from the video will go towards buying David Ivins a piece of crap XS similar to the one I own. If Mr. Ivins doesn't want it, he can give to a kid in Haiti to go off on his own adventures.

Note: In order to be an adventurer, the aforementioned Haitian child must not have taken any arrows to either of his/her knees.

Signed,

Starving father/brother/college student/husband/prison inmate/broke/working class/baby/Jesus

Did I mention that I also have scurvy?

If I win this contest it would be a start to my life with XS 650 motorcycles. I have been saving my entire deployment for when I get home I can purchase and build my own XS 650. Its been my dream to build my own motorcycle since my father was able to 10 yrs back. Getting the money for my build has been the hardest part so far with two children and my wife unable to get a job after leaving the military to raise our kids.

I hope that my name can be chosen to receive the pipes, for it would be a honor to have them on my Pow Mia theme I plan on going. Its the least I can do for the brothers and sisters that have laid their life down for me, and gave me the oportunity to do the same.

I hope when I return in a few short months I can put these items on my newly purchase XS 650. SampleFool

I deserve to win because............yeah, who am I kidding......I just don't want to fork out $210 for pipes.

I really would like to win these for a couple of reasons. First to wake my neighbor on sunday morning. He has a HD and is jealous of my xs(sweet) Second they look cool as hell and it is the last piece of my project bike that I have been working on, the engine alone has taken me 6 month to tear down and build back up. So It would just complet the package.

Well I'm a long time lurker but I haven't gotten around to posting much at all.

I bought my XS two summers ago and the overall theme has been budget. I'm sure I'm not the only one who realizes how much you can customize with simply an angle grinder and some serious sweat and blood. Most of the money I've put into the project has been restoring it to proper running condition, fixing the charging system and getting the carbs cleaned, fixed and sorted properly. This includes burning out the regulator side of a solid state regulator/rectifier and having to rig back on the old regulator as I don't have the money for a new one yet... :doh: We all have to learn somehow, right? Mistakes are the best way.

I decided this winter, after the completion of a buddy's XS (which I helped put countless hours into building)...

294770_708079940320_35909024_36195849_1638400_n.jpg

...that I just could not compete with that or my roommate's bobbed out Savage...

163087_622321984950_35905377_35311414_5326154_n.jpg

...with something as hideously customized as this...

229431_673565008520_35904984_35761916_2843630_n.jpg

Upon first inspection I'm sure you guys will agree the seat was by far the worst offending part of my $0 custom. It was free, what can I say?

Speaking of free, I built this manometer to tune the carbs from $1.50 in tubing and wood I pilfered from behind Lowes. Worked like a charm...

379944_734732184010_35904984_36463154_1708887424_n.jpg

And so it began, with PA's first snow falling in October I decided that it was time to tear down and rebuild, spending as little money as possible.

296866_734731754870_35904984_36463152_2007492297_n.jpg

The only problem is... I live in an apartment, which means I don't have a garage...or the money to rent one as I'm paying student loans, rent and debt accrued from student teaching. Luckily, I have the large, master bedroom in my apartment...and some tarps... (I hope you read that in the voice of Jeremy Clarkson) Cue the music!

303083_734732004370_35904984_36463153_1390897364_n.jpg

387331_752832934960_35904984_36568723_658349312_n.jpg

So my short list of things I actually have to spend money on for this rebuilt are as follows...

1. Seat
2. Regulator/Rectifier
3. Engine seals
4. Bar end mirror (just one, it mysteriously fell over in the parking lot one night...)
5. Paint
6. Exhaust
7. Tail light

Everything else is to be done with spare parts and hard work. My wonderful girlfriend got a birthday/Christmas present, which I picked up from J&B Moto in Wrightsville yesterday, so the first item on my list has been had, at no cost to me. Well, I have to put up with her, but I didn't have to spend any money. :D

380105_764722343490_35904984_36610340_206657276_n.jpg

With all this rambling the overall theme here is budget, I have little money but I can't wait for the weather to get warm again here in PA as long as the bike is back together and running. A nice new exhaust would help me along the way, I don't want to use the stock exhaust that someone drilled out before I bought the bike. Plus, I think the pipes would look wicked on a cafe! :thumbsup: All the choppers, bobbers and hardtails look great with this pipe set up but I want to see these pipes wrapped on a cafe in the spring!

Everyone, have yourself a safe and fun New Year! Keep enjoying the ride if you live somewhere you can! :bike:

~ Derek

Here in the North we have a lot of downtime to work on bikes it helps prevent cabin fever. So far I have built an XS based Streetracker:

flatracker.jpg

and an xs based Cafetracker :

cafetracker.jpg

and am currently working on an xs based boardtracker :

boardtracker.jpg

They say I have a one track mind but those pipes will look sweet on my new project

I hate to sell a sob story to have anyone feel bad for me. I've been having a rough few months very close family member passed away, lost my job, car was broken into. I'll be honest and shit started to seem very bleak. Thats how things just seem to go for me. All of that changed for me at 1:02am December 31st, my baby girl was born. Best thing I could ask for and makes everything seem right in the world. I wasn't going to even bother putting my name in this draw, but I figured this is were my luck changes, because I've just become the luckiest guy in the world.

I should win this exhaust because it will give me a reason to start working on my xs project again! :bike:

I haven't posted on this forum much cause I haven't cracked open the xs project yet - But I've been lurkin!

I chose the 79 XS 650 for my first full chop because of the low(er) cost and wide range of customizing options.
Just yesterday I was considering what portions of the building I will do myself and what I'll choose to farm out - God forbid! As I rolled the design around in my head I realized the only thing I haven't decided about is the exhaust. The custom curves of the frame, shape and size of the sculpted tank, even the gritty little grips idea that I got from Gravesend Choppers.

I plan on this being worthy of magazines, comfortable enough for curvy coastal Maine roads, and durable enough to withstand the back roads of Boston.
A hard-core, hard tailed, rephased, mid-pegged, lane-splitter with a design theme that includes a tip of the hat to a well-known and very respected Japanese builder (no names yet.) Maybe a suicide shift?

Tool arsenal is just about built up, and most skills are in the bag, but I'm taking it slow and doing it right.

These Pandemonium pipes would be the icing on one high-caliber homebrewed cupcake.

That "last build in my life"statement trumps any reason I could come up with ...
but, 2phaseds' girlfriend won't sleep with me unless I win those pipes!

IMG_8320.jpg

I already have an exhaust, but would like another. I like being able to change things up every now and then. This should help. I would also be a reason for me to get to know my carbs a little better as well.

Attachments

• DSC_0009.jpg
    DSC_0009.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 112
We'll give this a try. I hate to write anything that feels like a "pity me" story as I am happy with everything that I have and all of the experiences I go through, have gone through and will go through. I am sure that there are many more people entering this contest who are more deserving and have more of a need, but it's always worth a shot. Good luck to all of ya'll that enter.

I am a father of six (seven in February) kids. I was given a '77 xs650 by some dear friends a few months ago because it was sitting in their garage, collecting rust and I sold my bike before enlisting in the military 13 years ago. As you may imagine, my budget for fixing up the XS is pretty minimal. Luckily, which seems to be a theme so far, I now work as a civilian in a fabrication shop where I have been able to have a lot of the work done at cost, such as powdercoat and metal treatment/dent repair. We are a shop that makes racks and cabinets for servers and computer power supplies, though, so our resources for things like exhaust is nonexistent. I have a tiny monthly budget for things that are being replaced and winning this exhaust would let me have it on the road almost six months earlier. Things like petcocks and tires have already marked a huge span of upcoming budget and it would be great to have it on the road by next fall.

I want to win these pipes so I can ride up College Street and BLOW THE DOORS OFF my pansy "prestigious liberal arts school" when all the snow melts!!!

I'm a Sophomore Econ major and I want to ride by and scare my Professor out of his Toupee and back to Harvard where he belongs!

More to the point, after cafe-ing a couple old BMW's with my dad in high school I just bought an XS and we're in the process of a full tear-down street tracker build on a budget. Doing all our own powder coating and custom work. Summer's earnings disappearing as we speak.

Do I sound out of place? Sure do. But I play a sport at school, study hard, and hopefully will come out of there with a degree that will serve me well in the future.

O, and if I payed the $56,000/year tuition bill like my classmates, I wouldn't be asking for a set of pipes, i'd be buying a set for all of y'all who don't win and deserve 'em!

So please, help me be able to bust out of the library on a spring night and tear across some back roads with some Connecticut prepster girl that's never ridden in anything except her daddy's Range Rover!

P.S., anybody recognize my college in the attachment?

Attachments

• midd.jpg
    midd.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 126
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back