Goggles?

Jawknee21

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
So I just realized glasses arent gonna cut it. Wind is too much over 50mph with a 3/4 helmet. I've been looking at goggles but I don't wanna waste money. Anyone have any experience/opinions with any of these?

Uvex grand prix (glass lenses but only clear) $20

Bobster bugeye II (plastic lenses but 3 interchangeable colors. Clear,amber & smoke) $30

Bobster Cruiser II (same as the others. 3 diff colors but plastic)$30

I bought some $9 goggles from the local HD shop and they work great and fold up to fit into your pocket. I use them for testing and 4 wheeling.

I normally ride with an Arai full face helmet...lightweight so it doesn't fatigue your neck and also has the best venting around. So much better than my old HJC full face. The Arai's are worth the extra $$.

Jeez. I knew I shoulda got a FF. Just spent $95 on a Bell custom 500. I like my jaw the way it is now though...

Yah man I have been hit by two cars. Nothing serious, both were going like 5 miles per hour but they threw me on my ass. I don't take chances with that.

I have a G-max 68s in plain white and I love it to death. It has like 17 vents or something. Its not too loud, my pipes are so loud that they are most of what I hear anyways.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/gmax/gm68s/

On a 3/4 helmet a snap on face sheild work ok. Last time I bought one they were like $6.

i,m sorry,, but i have to agree ,,, a full face helmet is the only way to travel ..i only ever use agv..... i,ve seen what a guy looked like after spinning down the road in an open face helmet... it wasn,t nice... and he was ridng a modified 95 springer... .. he looked a mess... now he uses a full face..regards oldbiker

I know it's about protection but wouldn't a FF helmet look weird with an xs650? It's like seeing a 1/2 helmet and a streetbike together...

You just need to find a better fitting pair a glasses. I have had some that you can't see with at speed and some that are better than goggles...My last pair that logged over 7000 miles with last year I picked up at a Dollar store when I was checking out, just because.

They ended up being fantastic for riding and are still in great shape. Better than my old pair of Oakley's and about 120th of the price! Full face helmets are nice and safe (unless you land on your shoulder and snap your neck from the weight) but they suck when it's hot out. I'll stick with my turtle shell (or none at all) and sunglasses.

No such thing as no helmet in ca. Hah. I have plenty of pairs of sunglasses. The ones I thought would work well, didn't. I'll keep trying until I get some goggles and a full face. I think I'll need it for the freeway anyway...

I ride with a full face on my raider. Can't look any worse on a xs. Think of it this way....what's going to look weirder...you riding with a full face or you trying to live missing parts of your face. Going through life without a nose or jaw is now way to live.

Are you looking for something cheap??? Men, I have almost 4 years using this goggles and their are great, trust me...

For day light

http://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/gateway-starlite-safety-glasses-gray-lens.html

For night use

http://www.envirosafetyproducts.com/gateway-starlite-safety-glasses-indoor-outdoor-lens.html

Exactly what I use:thumbsup:
I can see the point you full face guys have with safety, but it seems to me that if it were that big of an issue then you wouldn't ride bikes anyway, especially modified ones. I feel like being enclosed takes away the purpose I got on the motorcycle anyway:confused:

Exactly what I use:thumbsup:
I can see the point you full face guys have with safety, but it seems to me that if it were that big of an issue then you wouldn't ride bikes anyway, especially modified ones. I feel like being enclosed takes away the purpose I got on the motorcycle anyway:confused:

Just how I feel. It's all about choice and what the rider feels safer wearing.

This is from a (U.S.) Government study on motorcycle helmet effectiveness in crashes above 13mph. I personally would rather have no nose or jaw than live without the use of my arms and legs, but thats just my personal opinion. Can you tell I'm a member of A.B.A.T.E.(Fl.)???

7. As a result of (5) and (6), we establish that a tradeoff between head and neck injuries confronts a potential helmet user. Past a critical impact speed to the helmet (13 mph), which is likely to occur in real life accident situations helmet use reduces the severity of head injuries at the expense of increasing the severity of neck injuries.

Sorry for the hijack. But I believe that a rider should wear or not wear what he/she wants to. I have two friends that are in wheelchairs from bike accidents and one was wearing a helmet and one wasn't. Neither of them had head trauma, but both broke their necks. I think that a full face helmet can save your life, just as easy as no helmet can. It all depends on that specific incident and how the rider falls and what or what he doesn't slide into/under. :yikes: Be safe and aware of your surroundings at all times, and NEVER let your motorcycle drink...:bike:

Back