Goggles?

I also agree about a full face.
You can get a decent modular for not that much $$. Modular means the front of the helmet flips up.
Flip up is great for on / off if you wear glasses. You can also flip it up while riding slow if you like.
The shield itself can flip up out of the way also.
I got one like this. Lot's of nice features like removable and washable liner, different color shields, etc.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160457198228&viewitem=

I also have a ¾ helmet for quick local trips if I don't want to bother with the full face.

Just how I feel. It's all about choice and what the rider feels safer wearing.

This is from a (U.S.) Government study on motorcycle helmet effectiveness in crashes above 13mph. I personally would rather have no nose or jaw than live without the use of my arms and legs, but thats just my personal opinion. Can you tell I'm a member of A.B.A.T.E.(Fl.)???

7. As a result of (5) and (6), we establish that a tradeoff between head and neck injuries confronts a potential helmet user. Past a critical impact speed to the helmet (13 mph), which is likely to occur in real life accident situations helmet use reduces the severity of head injuries at the expense of increasing the severity of neck injuries.

Sorry for the hijack. But I believe that a rider should wear or not wear what he/she wants to. I have two friends that are in wheelchairs from bike accidents and one was wearing a helmet and one wasn't. Neither of them had head trauma, but both broke their necks. I think that a full face helmet can save your life, just as easy as no helmet can. It all depends on that specific incident and how the rider falls and what or what he doesn't slide into/under. :yikes: Be safe and aware of your surroundings at all times, and NEVER let your motorcycle drink...:bike:

You are right, I always use all the safety wear that I can, open helmet, goggles, boots, gloves, jacket, pants, I always wear all this for the city, I use my bike a lot, when I go for a traveller I wear all this but with a FF helmet a transition 2 tourmaster jacket, boots, knee protectors and I try to use my Hydration Pack Camelback, that I ear, I dont know were that can protect your back from a big impact...

Always wear all the protections... :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I also wear a flip up, in high vis white. They're great for chilly weather because the neck opening is much smaller than a full face. But the last I read, they're tested to a lower standard than a real full face. Shoei flip ups look like a Roman Legion helmet when they're flipped up. Very cool :) If you do go for a 3/4 and goggles, traditionally the goggle strap is worn outside the helmet ;) It should have foam to seal out wind. Same with motorcycle sunglasses.

I also agree about a full face.
You can get a decent modular for not that much $$. Modular means the front of the helmet flips up.
Flip up is great for on / off if you wear glasses. You can also flip it up while riding slow if you like.
The shield itself can flip up out of the way also.
I got one like this. Lot's of nice features like removable and washable liner, different color shields, etc.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160457198228&viewitem=

I also have a ¾ helmet for quick local trips if I don't want to bother with the full face.

What about THH helmets? I have a modular and I think is a good helmet for the price...

full_face_helmet_193.jpg

Now that I've made my point;

I fully recommend Scorpion helmets, best helmet for it's price.

I have been down on several occasions. A couple times well in excess of the speed limit. The 3/4 helmet saved me both times. Loosing a bit of hide sucks. Regrowing it sucks even more.
The only good thing I can think of about a helmet is it keeps my ears from freezing in the cold.
If the state didn't require a helmet I wouldn't even own one. I feel I should have the right to decide if I wear one or not.
Should I tell you, you have to wear or not wear one, no. No one has that right. Wear what you feel is right for you.
I have a 1/2 and a 3/4 with a flip up sheild. The 3/4 with the sheild is warm. The sheild lets me wear what ever sunglasses I want. As far as goggles, I wear prescription glasses. Most goggles don't fit over my glasses. The only ones I have found that work are the $3 clear safety glasses from Lowe's. For tinted I get a set of $19 amber fit-overs from the drug store.

I have been down on several occasions. A couple times well in excess of the speed limit. The 3/4 helmet saved me both times. Loosing a bit of hide sucks. Regrowing it sucks even more.
The only good thing I can think of about a helmet is it keeps my ears from freezing in the cold.
If the state didn't require a helmet I wouldn't even own one. I feel I should have the right to decide if I wear one or not.
Should I tell you, you have to wear or not wear one, no. No one has that right. Wear what you feel is right for you.
I have a 1/2 and a 3/4 with a flip up sheild. The 3/4 with the sheild is warm. The sheild lets me wear what ever sunglasses I want. As far as goggles, I wear prescription glasses. Most goggles don't fit over my glasses. The only ones I have found that work are the $3 clear safety glasses from Lowe's. For tinted I get a set of $19 amber fit-overs from the drug store.
Here in Maine Helmets are not required for anyone who has had their license for over a year. I only wear a helmet when it is cold but if I had one of those rabbit fur bomber hats I'd probably wear that instead. :thumbsup: I too wear prescription glasses and bought a pair of bobsters and had them fitted with polycarbonate transition prescription lenses ... they work great but my daughter says they make me look like a bug :laugh:

Haha. How are the normal bobster goggles? I don't need a "subscription" I can see fine. Haha. They make another model called bugeye. Hahah...

I have the same ones that XS650 Bobber does...I get them from where I work (construction site)....they work great...seal out a good amount of air

I think that full face helmets are like air bags...they kill or injure as many people as they save. The heavier full face helmet can cause serious neck injuries, especially in a rear end collision. Full face helmets also restrict your vision and hearing, so you don't notice the ass holes creeping up beside you blocking your escape lane. But, perhaps the worst problem with a full face helmet is getting it off in the ER. They were able to quickly remove my shorty helmet while I still had the neck stabilizer on when I had my wreck.

Whatever helmet you use, make it white for better visibility.

I think that full face helmets are like air bags...they kill or injure as many people as they save. The heavier full face helmet can cause serious neck injuries, especially in a rear end collision. Full face helmets also restrict your vision and hearing, so you don't notice the ass holes creeping up beside you blocking your escape lane. But, perhaps the worst problem with a full face helmet is getting it off in the ER. They were able to quickly remove my shorty helmet while I still had the neck stabilizer on when I had my wreck.

Whatever helmet you use, make it white for better visibility.

Thats is right, my AGV fit very well to my head, I dont will like had a accident and some paramedics or fire men had to cut it to take off...

Is just matter of luck...

Some of you have seen this picture before. It's where helmet strikes occur, as a percentage, taken from a German study. The chin gets the largest share.

Attachments

• helmetcrashdiagram.gif
    helmetcrashdiagram.gif
    13.8 KB · Views: 160
Back