Got another build on my hands- CAFE?????

Good question about the wiring. I believe there are people who read these posts who are doing a wiring job for the first time and also those with lots of experience. I have searched and searched old posts for this information and usually just find wiring diagrams. I wish someone would take us through a wiring job from start to finish with all new wiring as they are building. Seems like everything imaginable is shown except wiring when that is the very thing I believe most people need the most guidance in. Your builds and pics are great and very detailed. I just would like to see a wiring job from someone with as much detail. I like bare minimum when it comes to wiring. Are you running an electric start?
jefft

Last edited:
Good question about the wiring. I believe there are people who read these posts who are doing a wiring job for the first time and also those with lots of experience. I have searched and searched old posts for this information and usually just find wiring diagrams. I wish someone would take us through a wiring job from start to finish with all new wiring as they are building. Seems like everything imaginable is shown except wiring when that is the very thing I believe most people need the most guidance in. Your builds and pics are great and very detailed. I just would like to see a wiring job from someone with as much detail. I like bare minimum when it comes to wiring. Are you running an electric start?
jefft

Yes I'm gonna run the starter on this one, turn signals also.
My white bobber has electric start too, wiring is not really a problem especially for bobbers with the bare minimum.
But the harness for this bike is like new and i don't want to go cutting it up, i just want to know what parts i can "leave out" without jumping wires or causing problems.
This harness has lots of little box's and relay's and other crap that i'd like to leave off.
But i haven't seen a "simple" answer to this question either.

Ahhh With the rear cowl on I don't see the difference chopping the hoop down made..... I am sure there is one just I can't se it from the pics.

yeah if you look at the earlier pic of the seat, and the new one you'll see.
It used to be almost long enough to fit 2 people before the seat hump.
Cut 3.5 inches of the front of the seat too. So i had to chop the rear hoop to match.

also you'll notice the seat hump used to start rear of the shock mount.
Now it starts right about where the shock mount is.

OK so this is going to be my next build apparantly...
Have a baby coming in December/ish.:eek:

rocker.jpg

I like that seat pad. Much like the seat pad you see on modern day sport bikes. Is that something you made yourself? What material did you use for cushion?
Jefft

I like that seat pad. Much like the seat pad you see on modern day sport bikes. Is that something you made yourself? What material did you use for cushion?
Jefft

Its actually from another cafe tail that i have. Its 1 piece dense foam - almost a rubbery texture.
Its from Legendary Motorcyles.

Still one of the sexiest motors I've seen in a long time given the finish you chose. Love the gold and black theme.

Bobber33, do you have experience with that battery? will the oem charging system keep it up? Size wise it would give me some options for my tracker. The specs are as good or slightly better than the oem YB14L in my 650. A little pricey though.

bobber33;

Very impressive workmanship on your bike. Gas tank and wheels real nice..................black and gold super contrast:thumbsup:

I posted some electrical help on your other post "Relays and electrical parts removal".

Its not hard to just wire from scratch. There are several simplified schematics here. Do the charging system, then ignition, then lights, routing the wires loosely where you want them. After you are finished, you can tidy them up. You'll end up with a neat, simple harness that really suits that nice bike. :)

Here's a couple of pics of one before I tidied up the wires. I use Japanese style connectors, now instead of the industrial kind.

This place has the plastic sleeves and connectors. http://www.vintageconnections.com/

It looks great. :)

John

Attachments

• P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    268.2 KB · Views: 320
  • P1010004.JPG
    P1010004.JPG
    264.1 KB · Views: 300
Sorry for the lack of post's.
My brother has been in town visiting and we've practically finished the bike!
I'll post tonight when i get some time to organize the pics... and finish riding it for the day.
thanks all....

OK BOYS, here it is!

laid down the metallic gold stripe color first...
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

my brother is visiting so he was doing the stripe taping...
4.jpg

Dark grey metallic is next
5.jpg

Then metallic BLACK in the rear number plates and the knee cut-outs
4.5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

and a metallic lighter grey stripe to define the colors.
8.jpg

CLEAR COATED!!!
9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

OK so it's basically done although a couple of parts are just loose in the pics.
The tank petcocks i ordered for the tank don't fit so i need 2 new ones,
but we hooked up a bottle of fuel and it fired right up and everything worked.

12.jpg

13.jpg

13.5.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Back