Great new, I got her started. Now is white smoke normal?

socxs

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the bike started, I should mention it hasn't run for the past two years and I am sure I may have flooded the engine a couple of times trying to get it started. But to great success she ran a little while ago, but I shut her off because she was throwing out a lot of white smoke that just smelled like fuel really and I should mention that it was with the choke on. Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen, hahaha. But yes back to the issue.:laugh::D:confused::laugh:

Doesn't that mean the new Pope has been chosen?

But seriously folks, any time I've goofed something and the engine cranks and won't start and I finally figure it out, I spew a lot of white smoke, but it stops after a few good vroom vrooms down the block and back.

Doesn't that mean the new Pope has been chosen?

But seriously folks, any time I've goofed something and the engine cranks and won't start and I finally figure it out, I spew a lot of white smoke, but it stops after a few good vroom vrooms down the block and back.
Cool thanks, I am going to run it tomorrow and let it get all that stuff out before I try riding it. it isn't registered yet so that is my biggest concern. Don't want to be pulled over and have to explain that. hahah

It should start right up with the "choke" it's really an enrichener. It adds more fuel, A choike cuts back the air. Once it starts let it run about a minute then shut the enrichener off, it should run at a slow but steady idle. After about five minutes of warm up the idle should come up to 1200-1500 rpms.
Any way on the smoke it should clear up somewhat after it runs a bit. The white smoke comes from moisture. Black smoke is excess fuel, blue smoke is excess oil.
OIlmoke can look white if not to severe. If the bike hasn't run in a few years that should stop after a few hundred miles.
Leo

Back