gt550

mikeweyandt18

XS650 Member
Reaction score
hi guys,
just was wondering if anyone has any experince with the suzuki gt550. i just got one and would like to get some ideas about what to do with it. it is a 1974, 3 cylnder 2 stroke. i have a 650, and i have been on this site for about a year while i have been building it. I have gotten alot of good info from this site. so i figured i would ask.

"would like to get some ideas about what to do with it"

Take it to the next all night party at your local HD club and about 3:00am they'll show you. :D

haha, yea i am shure the HD guys would have a ball with that bike. i will check out that website. I got the bike for 400$ and thought it would be fun to mess around with a 2-stroke. the question is should i chop it up and make it a monster, or keep it stock?

You should sell it immediatley and walk away ... I have watched friends leave girlfriends sell houses sell there ass on the street for another fix of 2-stroke . Well maybe not sell their ass .. but its pretty strong that 2-stroke stuff .

I always have liked the way Suzuki designed those engines. (all three sizes) Haven't had one but had the older Titan 500 which was a REAL sleeper.

They're heavily into restorations over there. I wouldn't mention my sawsall plans to them if I was you, lol.

hi i don,t have ,,,,,,,but if you go on the gsresources web site there are quite a few that own 550 gs bikes,,, look in engine/ performance /frame well worth looking at regards oldbiker

I had a 1976 I think. I put a Strader 3-into-1 exhaust and low bars. It was very powerful and loads of fun to ride. Tony C

Back